Cave Tubing – Too Crowded?

dswift008

I have read here on CC that cave tubing has become so popular and crowded that with so many people in the caves at once it is no longer enjoyable.

The day we are in Belize City (Oct. 1) there will be 3 ships and over 8800 people in port.

Has anyone been cave tubing on a day with a lot of people in port?

How busy does it get?

Should we be looking at a different excursion on such a busy day?

(boat ride to Lamani Mayan ruins sounds fun or taking the water taxi to Caye Caulker?)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Belize. We were only ship that day so this may not directly apply but I will offer a bit anyway. We went with ncqadventures.com. Nacho and Cynthia are excellent. You will be in a smaller group thus able to get on the road sooner than the larger groups as long as you make an effort to be quick off the ship. The normal caves were closed because of earlier heavy rains but appearantly Nacho has the hook-up becuase we were the only group that I know of that was able to go to a different cave system in the same area. It was very safe where we were and had a great lunch at Jaguar Paw resort. Nacho will contact you by phone after you email and walk you through the process which went off without a hitch. We also did zip lining and beat the crowds.

5 stars *

Archived