Help! Formal night?

davewilliamt

I would not wear jeans on formal night if you plan on eating in the dinning room. It is elegant night now. The dress code is more casual than it used to be, but I don't think jeans are appropriate in the dining room any night, especially when you are supposed to be getting dressed up. I would eat in the buffet or room service if you don't want to get dressed up.

I would not wear jeans on formal night if you plan on eating in the dinning room. It is elegant night now. The dress code is more casual than it used to be, but I don't think jeans are appropriate in the dining room any night, especially when you are supposed to be getting dressed up. I would eat in the buffet or room service if you don't want to get dressed up.

Is there a formal night or not?

Every cruise I have been on jeans have been OK.

Is there a formal night or not?

Every cruise I have been on jeans have been OK.

There is a formal night (or 2), but they call it 'Cruise Elegant' now and jeans are not allowed on those nights in the MDR, but jeans are allowed in the MDR on the 'Cruise Casual' nights.

There is a formal night (or 2), but they call it 'Cruise Elegant' now and jeans are not allowed on those nights in the MDR, but jeans are allowed in the MDR on the 'Cruise Casual' nights.

Its only a 4 day cruise

Leaves on 9/3 comes back on 9/7

2 nights?

its Either 1 or nothing

I just booked a January 30, 2010 cruise on Carnival Liberty and read all my documentation last night. My second and even more hyped about this one than the last. The travel docs say on formal night they suggest slacks and jacket or slacks and a tie. Not those exact words but close. Jeans are okay on the other nights. On my last cruise Dec 2007, we had ties with jackets, but saw many others with slacks, nice shirts and ties. This is what we will be wearing this year.

By the way, notice how this topic twists peoples panties! Jeesh. I'm going on a cruise to have a good time, not to meet others expectations.

no jeans on formal night.

if it's a 7 day cruise then there are 2 formal nights, otherwise just one.

right now, there are ton of spring dresses on sale (darn good prices!! oh, i wish I were 20lbs lighter!).

i'm waiting till after homecoming and then will hit the sales. that way, i don't feel bad for only wearing a dress once. lol.

I just booked a January 30, 2010 cruise on Carnival Liberty and read all my documentation last night. My second and even more hyped about this one than the last. The travel docs say on formal night they suggest slacks and jacket or slacks and a tie. Not those exact words but close. Jeans are okay on the other nights. On my last cruise Dec 2007, we had ties with jackets, but saw many others with slacks, nice shirts and ties. This is what we will be wearing this year.

By the way, notice how this topic twists peoples panties! Jeesh. I'm going on a cruise to have a good time, not to meet others expectations.

Hello I know not the topic, just wanted to say hello and we are also booked on this cruise along with 2 other couples who have never cruised before, this will be our 4th cruise, 2nd on carnival. Can't wait!!! See you in January!!!

Archived