Egyptian Museum vs Camel Rides?

crikeys

Going to use MSC shore excursion in Alexandria and do the one day pyramids tour.

There is a choice of pyramids and museum or pyramids and camel ride, not both.

Guess which option my kids want?

Does anyone know which tour company MSC use , so that i can personnally email the tour operater to see if we can sqeeze in camels as well as the museum.

I would gain hero status in my household if we got to do both ! :D

I don't know the answer to your specific question, regarding what tour operator it is. However, I was a study abroad student in Egypt several years ago. When I lived in Egypt and you went out to the Pyramids there were multiple guys with camels standing around trying to get you to ride their camels. If all you want is a short (5-15 minute) camel ride, and you are willing to take a chance on not getting a camel ride, then I would think you would be fine with the museum tour.

I think the pyramids and camel ride tour will take you to more pyramids- there are the pyramids just outside of Cairo, and then there is the Sakkara desert, and pyramids there. You can ride a camel from Cairo to Sakkara- I did this and would NEVER do it again. It was an experience to be remembered, multiple hours an a camel. I have never been so sore in my life.

Hi

My children wanted camel rides, but when it came to it on the day, they decided not to bother. Not sure why, maybe because they were dirty & smelly, or perhaps because they looked larger than they thought.

Instead of using the ship's excursion we used a private company which actually worked out a little cheaper for us. It has the advantage of door to door service to all the sites with a little added flexibility thrown in, perhaps for camel rides or to visit inside the solar boat museum etc. You can find recommendations for tour companies in the Africa section on this board if that interests you.

There are camels around the pyramids themselves, but not sure how much time you'll have if with a tour bus. It probably would be just possible to squeeze in a short ride.

Archived