How safe is cruising

olympic19

Of course that was before the doplers were introduced to all the ships. Now they chart their own weather and know exactly where the storms are and how to navigate around them.

Ya, that's what I thought before we were on the Jewel of the Seas late last October and encountered 45' to 55' foot seas with hurricane force winds with some gusts to 150mph. There was physical damage done to the aft cabins of the ship and it was virtually impossible to walk around in the height of the storm. Fortunately it happen over night so most passengers were in their cabins. Interestingly, the captain warned of 12' to 14' waves before we left Boston that afternoon on our way to Miami. He did apologize to us all the next day but it took probably 12 to 14 hours until we were in better seas, 20' to 23' waves.

Ya, that's what I thought before we were on the Jewel of the Seas late last October and encountered 45' to 55' foot seas with hurricane force winds with some gusts to 150mph. There was physical damage done to the aft cabins of the ship and it was virtually impossible to walk around in the height of the storm. Fortunately it happen over night so most passengers were in their cabins. Interestingly, the captain warned of 12' to 14' waves before we left Boston that afternoon on our way to Miami. He did apologize to us all the next day but it took probably 12 to 14 hours until we were in better seas, 20' to 23' waves.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's safer than driving your car to the grocery store....statistically speaking!

This is definitely true! :D

I've sailed in many bad storms including hurricanes and never worried on a ship, I feel much safer at sea in a storm then I do on the turnpike on land on a sunny day:p

Archived