Bandana Help

snorkelingsearchers

I think a bandana is probably a good way to cover up your head to keep from getting burned, but it won't do anything to keep it from getting that gross texture you get from snorkeling in salt water.

If at all possible, rinse it off in freshwater when you get out. I usually bring along a leave-in conditioning spray and a wide-toothed comb and that helps a lot when I'm done for the day.

Okay so I have a full head of hair, but after snorkeling for a while, it gets kindy dreadlockish:o and I have started to burn my fair skinned head a bit. I was thinking about a bandana? Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks! Jenny

When diving, I put my hair in a ponytail and then use a do-rag (sp?) over the top. No problems so far!:)

• 1 month later...

Buy a cotton do-rag and tie it real tight. Also when you come up after your last dive of the day put something called Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream in your hair. It is a great for smoothing out your long hair. You can find it at the drugstore with the African American hair products

Archived