What do you do at onboard scrapbooking class?

cheerioandsalut

I did it on Princess, not sure if Carnival is the same.

We were given a photo of the ship (really nice picture) and some basic supplies. I've been scrapping for a very long time and the "teacher" of the class couldn't work the Sizzix machine. I ended up teaching HER how to use the equipment.

We've had to teach the "staff" to work the machines and gadgits as well. They usually don't have a clue. Generally they bring out tubs full of paper scraps, scissors, shape punchers, and glue sticks. Sometimes they will have a book of ideas for you to look at and they may give you a little baggie of pre-cut shapes. It's really more for the total first time scrapper. If you've done more than two pages in your life you may not want to sit in. It is a great family half hour activity.

My friend and I went to the scrapbooking class on the Pride a few weeks ago. The class consisted of two entertainment staff members sitting on the edge of the couch. They brought along some supplies that we were free to use on our own such as paper scraps, glue sticks and glitter. They displayed a few scrapbook albums and scrapbook kits that were for sale. They did not teach us anything. For the cruisers I saw it as more of a self guided activity if you wished to participate. For Carnival I saw it as a way to sell more products.

Your grand children will open the book one day.

They'll find a picture someone took while on vacation at Cape Canaveral where they met John Glen at a resturant and made a snap shot.

Then someone "Scrap booked it" and took pinking shears to ruffle up the edges, poured glitter on it, and glued it to a wall paper sample.

Archived