Cruising with 2 year olds

sneff

I'll be cruising on the Mariner with the family in March, one that is 2 yrs. old. My questions are:

Anyone heard of the program Aquatots??? Will it be available in the begining of March?

Can you bring the child in the pool at all?? If not what can you do with a 2 year old???? Any insight would be great.

The 2 year old cannot go in the pool with a diaper or a swim diaper... basically they are supposed to be potty trained. I believe that the min. age for the childrens program is 3 yrs. old and potty trained... that is what it was last time we cruised. We cruised when our son was 2 (he was potty trained). He stayed with us the whole time and it was great. He loved the time we spent at the beach and the pool. We did alot of walking (on the ship and on shore). He loves to watch the action... I highly recommend bringing an umbrella stroller that also provides shade and alot of sun screen. I have heard alot of people say that this is not the best vacation for children this age... I personally think that it depends on the childs personality and the parents expectation. It worked out very well for us.

Thanks K2 for the reply. The 2 year old is our Granddaughter, have 2 boys 20 and 18, my daughter is the mother, 22 and her husband, all going in March!!!! Can't wait. First for them, my wife and I were on the Voyager a couple of years ago. The 2 boys are great with her, I'm sure they will chip in and keep her busy!!!!

They offered the Aquatots program on the Sovereign 2 weeks ago. We cruised with our 2-year old who, for once, decided to sleep in for a while and we never made the AT program. Quite a few members of the crew recommended it though. Good luck!

Mia loved cruising and we'll be going again same time next year same ship.

Archived