River rafting or zipline tour out of Puntarenas

kragalie

We are heading down to Puntarenas on the Celebrity Millenium in October, and I am looking for a river rafting or zipline tour, but Im not finding anything on the threads. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or other ideas? Another option is scuba diving, but again, can't find any operators close to Puntarenas. Is there ANYTHING to do there?

• 2 weeks later...

We have decided to go on a River Rafting tour with Odyssey tours. We've found nothing but great things about them all over the boards. If anyone else is interested in going on a River rafting tour on Oct 17, 2009, please contact Odyssey at odysseytours@gmail.com, and ask Alvaro all about it.

We are leaving out of Puntarenas, they are picking us up at the pier. We get a nice van with a/c, and an english speaking driver who will stop at a couple of places along the way to see some local sights, wildlife, etc. They are including lunch, snacks, river guide, saftey briefing, equipment, and towels. They have assured us we will be returned to the ship on time. And again, I have read nothing but wonderful reviews on all of the boards from people who have used them. The cost is $90 pp if we can fill the raft to six people...so if anyone is interested..please contact them asap! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
We have decided to go on a River Rafting tour with Odyssey tours. We've found nothing but great things about them all over the boards. If anyone else is interested in going on a River rafting tour on Oct 17, 2009, please contact Odyssey at odysseytours@gmail.com, and ask Alvaro all about it.

We are leaving out of Puntarenas, they are picking us up at the pier. We get a nice van with a/c, and an english speaking driver who will stop at a couple of places along the way to see some local sights, wildlife, etc. They are including lunch, snacks, river guide, saftey briefing, equipment, and towels. They have assured us we will be returned to the ship on time. And again, I have read nothing but wonderful reviews on all of the boards from people who have used them. The cost is $90 pp if we can fill the raft to six people...so if anyone is interested..please contact them asap! Thanks!

Please have a wonderful trip and come back ands let us know how this rafting trip worked out!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I went ziplining and river rafting in Costa Rica. I would go river rafting over ziplining. It just wasn't what I thought it would be. It was over very quickly. River rafting was amazing!

Chachi please post a link or provide details of the tour provider! Was this a combined tour? I've been looking for a ziplining/white water rafting combo where we can do both in the same day.

• 1 month later...

We took the river rafting tour out of Puntarenas in October with Odyssey Tours. It was absolutely AMAZING!! We loved the entire experience. They picked us up at the pier on schedule, then drove us out to a gentlemans property to see white faced monkeys - which we then got to feed...so cool. Then we drove out to a Garden/Butterfly Garden to have a snack and take a quick break. My husband didnt want to leave the butterflies! ;-) Then we headed out toward the river. We stopped at a great local restaurant while we waited for our guides, and had a quick bite to eat (which they paid for, and were so nice about). Our guides picked us up and took us down to the river and gave us a quick little talk about what we were going to do and some safety tips. Then we hoped in the rafts and were on our way. The water was perfect, not to cold, and clean. Our guides were SO much fun!! We had a blast, both me and my husband couldnt stop smiling the entire trip!! It took about 2 1/2 hours to get down to our stopping point..along the way we saw such beautiful jungle scenery. It was truly wonderful. When we stopped and got out, they had a huge spread of delicious fruits and juices for us to snack on. We dried off a bit, and then hopped back into to van to head down to the Garden/Buttefly Garden again, where they had a restaurant. We ate some delicious Costa Rican food (again, paid for by Odyssey), and then headed back to the pier. It was a great trip, worth every penny (and we were the only two on the tour, so we paid a hefty penny)....our driver was so nice, spoke excellent English, and gave us all kinds of information on his country and what we were seeing.

Alvaro and Diego were so nice, and prepared us well for exactly what we were going to do. I would highly recommend Odyssey for any excursion. After talking to a lot of the other people on our ship and their experiences in Costa Rica..Im SO glad we did what we did. My husband was leary about the whole thing, and had never been rafting before, and he just LOVED it. They were considered class II & III rapids, but were really quite tame.

I have NOTHING bad to say about any of our experience. Thanks so much to Alvaro and Diego!!

Just returned from our Panama Canal cruise with a day stop in

Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Eleven of us from our roll call on the NCL Star did a private excursion with Adventure Park Vista Golfo Resort for the most incredible zipline course I ever experienced! What a FABULOUS day! For $94. pp they provided transport to their beautiful resort where we horseback rode for 45 minutes to an hour to the start our zip adventures. There were 25 patforms over 11 waterfalls. Two of the lines were repells, which I had never done before, but enjoyed them immensely! One of the ziplines was almost half a mile long. WOO-HOO!!! In the middle of the course we had the option to swim under a waterfall. That was so much fun! Then after we completed our ziplinbe adventures we were fed an authentic Costa Rican lunch back at the resort. WHAT A DAY!!!!! I would recommend thias resort and their fabulous service to cruiseline passengers EXTREMELY highly!!!!!

lambs2 - I'm very interested in the excursion you took and when I go on Adventure Park's website I can't figure out which tour you did based on the price you paid - can you please let me know which one it was, and, what time did you get back to the boat?

thanks!

Mrsshebu

Island Princess 2/18/10

We took the combo tour with horseback riding, the 25 platform ziplione over 11 waterfalls, and lunch (with transportation to and from the ship). Look at the link below:

http://www.adventureparkcostarica.com/en/shore-excursions-costa-rica.html

We had more than 4 people (ended up with 11) and the $99. pp rate applied - although it was $94.pp when we booked last fall. Still may be if you email them?. DH and I got a 20% price break because we organized the trip and put up the required deposit. Ended up only costing the two of us about $75. each! They will take a credit card for the deposit (one person cost) and then they want cash (USD) for the remainder when you get to the resort. Use the email address on the site to send an inquiry as to the specifics.

Archived