Luau in Maui with Fire Dance

MSA2009

Hi,

We will be arriving in MAUI (KAHULUI) Sep 23 for one night & would like to see a Luau. Location is not really important as we will be renting a car. We have 2 boys so I think the most important part for us will be the fire dance. Is there one someone can recommend?

Thanks so much! :)

Aloha,

I'd recommend the Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt. It's in Kaanaplai but since you'll have a car, it'll be around a 45minute -an hour drive from Kahului.

Check online with the Hyatt for the best price; they may well be doing a promotion, and also kids 5 and under are free....you didn't say how old your boys were, but they will like the Hyatt.

Aloha,

I'd be very careful booking anywhere except the hotel directly.:) I'd still recommend the Hyatt over the others advertised.

Why?? Sorry.....don't like the cancellation fee and policy on the site the previous poster linked to. Plus, note the time share stuff, and that the "most popular" luau they recommend is actually one of the worst by reviews.

I too would agree to booking with hotels directly, but when I posted the linked I wanted the viewer to see what various Maui luaus are out there just by clicking the link. If you ask me OLL is one of the best in Maui. I would also recommend going to Hyatt, Royal Lahaina and I think Grand Wailea luau. I've been to these Luaus.

Aloha,

Check the latest reviews on tripadvisor, too. The Royal Lahaina is not getting good reviews at all. The Marriott in Wailea is getting some good and some not, as is the Hyatt. Even OLL is getting some negatives.

In my experience, kids could-not always, but pretty often--get bored with OLL. It was a little too slow paced and too much history, not enough "flash" for many.

No matter what you choose, have a great time!!

We went the luau at the Royal Lahaina last October. Being first time visitors to Hawaii, and having never been to a luau before, we thought it was a very nice and entertaining evening. The food and drinks were good and plentiful, the entertainment was excellent (especially the fire dancer!!!), and the price was right. It also helped that the Royal Lahaina was next door to the condo resort where we stayed, so we could just stroll over. Kids 12 and under were free - our son really enjoyed it (he was 12 at the time), especially when he was invited up on stage along with a couple of dozen other brave souls, to learn a hula dance. My only complaints were very minor. The long tables are set up on a gravel floor, so watch out if you are a lady wearing high heels. Also, if you usually put your purse on the floor by your feet while you're dining, bring a purse that will wipe off easily (mine was covered in gravel dust by the end of the luau).

Archived