Confused about our cabin

zen3003

Wait till Monday.

That is what you pay your TA for.

Did the TA know at time of booking the age of the child?

If so she should not have put you in that cabin I would say, so it would be her responsibility to sort out.

I hear you loud and clear that is what your pay the TA for - however, given the facts and my past experiences with TA's they don't always have the correct information. My family and i just returned from a 9 day cruise on the Explorer of the seas. (8/20) Our TA booked a room for my brother and his family (a family of four with a handicapped child) - needless to say it was a disaster.

If you have a question or concern about your room please ask RCI so that you know that you in fact have the room that is best for your family and your needs.

thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. With all these ideas, we could try a different configuration each night :D i'll let you know which we thought was best.

chucknmarilyn - sorry my first post was a bit confusing. We booked and paid travel agent for the cruise back in may (asked for interior stateroom for 2 adults and a 4 year old). We got a copy of the reservation last week with our cabin number on, and it was then that she said about not using the Pullman bed.

From looking at the picture on RCCL website of interior stateroom, there is a sofa in the room (which i thought was the sofabed, I didn't know they also had loveseats), so that is why i didn't question her at the time.

As it happens, we were planning on turning the sofabed round against the wall, instead of opening it up, so it wasn't the 'bed' part of sofabed that i was worrying about

When my friend said he didn't have one in his room, I thought that meant he didn't have a sofa of any kind. I now know from the replies here that we will have a 'loveseat' instead, which is just a normal little sofa, so that will work fine.

But in my defence, TA was basically saying that the 3rd bed we had booked was not to be used for DS! Where exactly did she think he was going to sleep then? Obviously me & DH were planning on sleeping in the double bed. I got the impression when querying this with her that she thought we had a sofabed in our room too, so she is now looking into it.

TBH, now that i know we have a few different options which will work fine, i'm not worried - far too excited. But TA doesn't need to know that ;). We might be able to wrangle something out of her for the inconvenience.

so glad it looks to be working out for you- have a great cruise

Archived