Anyone familiar with the Hilton on Galveston Island?

dennbr9

Anyone familiar with the Hilton on the Island? I have Hilton Points I could use but wondered about Location, Beach?, etc.

Free Parking would be a plus, and a shuttle to the Pier?? Don't want much do I? :-)

Will be in town for two nights in January before our Voyager trip on the 10th. First visit to Galveston.

Thanks for any info,

Dennis

Well, I can tell ya we are reserved for October, first time there. Yes, free parking and Yes, free shuttle to pier. I hear they have a nice pool with swim up bar. The hotel is right on Seawall Blvd, right across street from the beach. Oh I would for sure use points if I had them and not look back.

Been to Galveston many times, I love it there, so relaxing. There is a great place to eat called "The Spot". It is right on seawall blvd, great pre or post cruise spot. There are alot of bikers who go there and show off their pretty scooters, there is open seating and I think air conditioning in some rooms, we always eat outside. Good cold beer, great fish sandwiches, burgers and shrimp kisses (shrimp, stuffed with cheese, bacon wrapped, breaded and fried), they are awesome. The breads they use are homemade and it is very reasonably priced. They do have a website. If you are looking for a more elegant type atmosphere, this isn't the place, regular beach atmosphere with live band on weekends.

Will be glad to answer any questions if I can...

The Hilton is my wife's favorite place to stay on the island, so we take advantage of it when the price is right. We're staying there prior to our cruise in October. The only criticism I have is that they charge you for wifi which seems to me to be a little ridiculous since budget hotels give it for free...but my wife cares not about such things. LOL! The beach across the street is nice. Enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know when to book the shuttle to the pier at the Hilton. We are staying the end of November.

I called the hotel and the guy that answered the phone said to book when we check in, but I thought I read somewhere on here to book early. Any help would be appreciated. I want to be on an early shuttle.

We've stayed at the Hilton many times. It's a nice hotel and does have a great pool. You'll enjoy your stay. "The Spot" is a good place to eat but there are so many other good places in Galveston. That restaurant does kind of turn into a "biker" bar on the weekends. I still love the old favorites like Gaido's!!! It's going to cost you a little more, but it's worth it!

Archived