Acapulco questions

Larrydano

Sharon and I will be flying into Acapulco at Saturday 3:00 PM on 2/27/10 and will be sailing on the Island Princess Acapulco to Fort Lauderdale on a 10 day canal transit on 2/28/10. Due to our schedules we are only able to fly in to Acapulco for a one day precruise stay. I do have some questions about our visit to Acapulco.

Are there any suggestions for a one night stay in Acapulco?-I have heard that Las Brisas is quite nice. What sould we expect to pay for a room?

Any suggestions for restaurants would be great!!!

What is the best way,how long does it take and what is the cost for transit from the ACA airport into Acapulco?

We would like to do something on 2/28/10 prior to boarding the Island Princess (probably mid afternoon). Will we have time to do the cliff divers and/or something else that a cruise critic boards reader can suggest?

Where does the Island Princess dock and what is the best way to get around Acapulco?

Larry

We are also on your cruise and are staying at the Crowne Plaza ($77) for the night. From the Crowne Website it is $28 for a cab from the airport to the hotel and it says 30 - 35 minutes. Have not looked at restaurants yet.

We want to see the cliff divers as well but they only put on a 1:30 pm show and then 7:30, 8:30,9:30 & 10:30 at night. We are planning to head to the pier around noon hour and hopefully be able to check in and then head back out to a beach that is within walking distance from the ship.

Sharon and I will be flying into Acapulco at Saturday 3:00 PM on 2/27/10 and will be sailing on the Island Princess Acapulco to Fort Lauderdale on a 10 day canal transit on 2/28/10. Due to our schedules we are only able to fly in to Acapulco for a one day precruise stay. I do have some questions about our visit to Acapulco.

Are there any suggestions for a one night stay in Acapulco?-I have heard that Las Brisas is quite nice. What sould we expect to pay for a room?

Any suggestions for restaurants would be great!!!

What is the best way,how long does it take and what is the cost for transit from the ACA airport into Acapulco?

We would like to do something on 2/28/10 prior to boarding the Island Princess (probably mid afternoon). Will we have time to do the cliff divers and/or something else that a cruise critic boards reader can suggest?

Where does the Island Princess dock and what is the best way to get around Acapulco?

Larry

Larry,

the other reply is the best possible advice. It costs the Crowne Plaza 200 pesos just to pick you up at the airport (fee). They really are not making a profit and it sounds very convenient.

The Crowne plaza is a nice hotel and is close to the port.

Las Brisas is ok but over rated.

Wobble:

Just trying to figure out the geographics of the Crowne Plaza with regards to the Airport and the Pier. Is the Crowne Plaza in the middle of the 2 ? I hear it is 30-35 minutes from the airport to the Crowne Plaza and another 15 minutes to the port. Is this correct ? How close is the Crowne to the port?

Larry,

the other reply is the best possible advice. It costs the Crowne Plaza 200 pesos just to pick you up at the airport (fee). They really are not making a profit and it sounds very convenient.

The Crowne plaza is a nice hotel and is close to the port.

Las Brisas is ok but over rated.

wobble

Thanks for the info. This now puts everything into perspective.

3890676657_2af8807207_o.jpg

Green Marker 10 is the Port.

Red Marker 22 is The Crowne Plaza

The Airport is about 15 miles from Crown Plaza

The Port is only a couple of miles from Crowne Plaza.

Here is a good link to view the Crowne Plaza ( CLICK HERE )

Personally, I wouldn't stay at Crowne Plaza - don't confuse it with the brand name quality of the same chain in the USA because I believe it's much less. Have a look at the Villa Vera, it's not the Las Brisas but a high quality property better located to see a little more of Acapulco in the short time you have in town pre-cruise. Lucky you - ACA to Ft. Lauderdale!

Archived