Here's My 20+ Page Splendor Review/Cruise Journal!!

CalmCruiserNC

[quote name='NWgal65']Calmcrusier or anyone: I have been trying to find out if the Splendor offers the Martini tasting for $15??Someone from another ship posted and discussed it and my roll call is wondering too.
Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I just looked through the Capers from our cruise and there wasn't a Martini tasting listed anywhere I could find -- I definitely would have participated if it had been offered.

Have a great cruise!

[quote name='NWgal65']Thanks for looking. I appreciate it!
Bummer, though. That sounded so nice...get to try 6 for $15![/QUOTE]

Well let me see if this helps a bit -- We did the Martini tasting on the Norwegian Sky, and the martini's were FAR from full size — I doubt the samples we were given equalled even 2 regular martinis, which on Splendor would have cost $7.50 each for a total of $15. I say, get two of your friends to join you and order six different martinis and share them -- you'll end up with as much or even more for your money.

[quote name='CalmCruiserNC']Well let me see if this helps a bit -- We did the Martini tasting on the Norwegian Sky, and the martini's were FAR from full size — I doubt the samples we were given equalled even 2 regular martinis, which on Splendor would have cost $7.50 each for a total of $15. I say, get two of your friends to join you and order six different martinis and share them -- you'll end up with as much or even more for your money.[/quote]

That is a great suggestion...except I am travelling with my two teen daughters..lol. Not quite ready for them to try martinis...even if it were legal :) You are right though, I could try a couple and enjoy those. I am not much of a drinker, so it's fun to "taste" and see what I might like.

[quote name='Darlipoo']By any chance do you or Linda remember if they had any line dancing classes and/or places at night to line dance? RCCL had that a lot but Elation had very little. I'm going on plendor in January.[/QUOTE]

Linda went to one dance lesson where they taught the electric slide -- and they danced it at the Lido Deck party. Other than that, I don't recall seeing any line dancing lessons or opportunities.

Wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing this! I enjoyed reading it, as did my husband, who NEVER reads reviews. Could be because the way you described some things had me nearly falling off the couch in fits of laughter!

All in all, you write wonderfully, and I enjoyed the journey with you! Thanks!

[quote name='1timecruiser']And informative!! You have a wonderful way with words and the line about the smokers was easily one that could be used in a comedy.

I look forward to reading the rest of your review![/QUOTE]I'm reliving the best & worst moments from last week!

[quote name='kennelgang']CalmCruiserNC

Great review!! Really enjoyed reading it. BTW...what type of ear plugs do you use? All the ones I have tried have been pretty lousy.

Thanks,
Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We buy Flents, the bulk pack of the purple ones that are rated at 32db. We buy them at our local Harris-Teeter grocery store.

[quote name='GWoman8920']Wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing this! I enjoyed reading it, as did my husband, who NEVER reads reviews. Could be because the way you described some things had me nearly falling off the couch in fits of laughter!

All in all, you write wonderfully, and I enjoyed the journey with you! Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for the compliment!

[quote name='cherylcorwin']I'm reliving the best & worst moments from last week![/QUOTE]

Hey there, Cheryl!

I'm glad the review is bringing back memories — and I saw your posting about having some pics of me and Linda in the disco -- our email is [email]lnapier@masterstream.com[/email]

:)

Hey CalmCruiserNC - I really enjoyed your review. With most reviews that are so long I lose interest after about the first day but you certainly had a knack of keeping my interest. I think that it was the injected humor in parts of the review. Yes, you can tell your wife again, to her surprise it seems, that you are pretty funny. :D

Also, it certainly brought back memories for me too. My DW, DD6 and I were on the Splendor during New Years last year '08/'09. As you mentioned the colors and decor was a bit over the top but it never really phased me. I too was able to keep if not lose a pound or two during the cruise. I'm not a lifter. I'm a cyclist and I took three pretty challenging spinning classes and did other cardio while my DW took three yoga classes. DD6 even enjoyed the treadmills in the gym...while closely watching her of course. Oh and btw, we were given multiple comments in the DR and other areas about how well behaved our DD6 was. There are a few...

Great review!

...we'll be on the Dream for this New Years '09/'10

Yes you are funny. I enjoy the "dry humor" in your writting. Especially loved the line about the true meaning of Ensanada.

We were on a Pride run from Long Beach a few years ago that was changed due to a storm, Catalina, San Deigo & Ensanada. We were on the Splendor the week prior to you, and finally got to visit PV, Mazatlan & Cabo.

We agree on the temperature (hot in ports, cold inside the ship), the Serenity areas (calming except for the kids above), the Pinnacle (excellent is not a strong enough word) and the disembarkation process (easiest I have ever experienced).

We disagree on a few others, but mostly a matter of personal taste. I, unfortunately, returned with about 5 extra pounds...I obviously did more tasting than you.

All in all, a very well written review. Thank you for taking the time to post it.

[quote name='LubbersLine']Hey CalmCruiserNC - I really enjoyed your review. With most reviews that are so long I lose interest after about the first day but you certainly had a knack of keeping my interest. I think that it was the injected humor in parts of the review. Yes, you can tell your wife again, to her surprise it seems, that you are pretty funny. :D

Also, it certainly brought back memories for me too. My DW, DD6 and I were on the Splendor during New Years last year '08/'09. As you mentioned the colors and decor was a bit over the top but it never really phased me. I too was able to keep if not lose a pound or two during the cruise. I'm not a lifter. I'm a cyclist and I took three pretty challenging spinning classes and did other cardio while my DW took three yoga classes. DD6 even enjoyed the treadmills in the gym...while closely watching her of course. Oh and btw, we were given multiple comments in the DR and other areas about how well behaved our DD6 was. There are a few...

Great review!

...we'll be on the Dream for this New Years '09/'10[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say that while there were a LOT of kids on our cruise, the kids onboard were all quite well behaved — and I definitely noticed a lot of parents correcting their kids' behavior whenever anything was amiss. I think the screaming babies we encountered on the second formal night was more of a side-effect of a very hot day in Cabo -- we didn't notice them being fussy any other night of the cruise. Now, the pre-teen boys who decided to use ALL floors of the atrium for some strange game involving yelling from one to another from all different angles is a VERY different story!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review --

[quote name='cherylcorwin'][URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=57814"]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=57814[/URL]For those who missed it[/QUOTE]

Hey there!

I just submitted my entire review for CruiseCritic to post in the reviews section -- seems like an easier place to send friends who are asking about our vacation.

So remind me why didn't Carnival switch your room with one of the families?

[quote name='Elationismyship']Thanks for the great review. I prefer Webshots for uploading my pictures. They are easier for my friends/family to view. They don't have to "register" at Webshots to review my shots.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I hadn't even heard of webshots -- I'll check them out!

Archived