OK, I Want Specifics on MDR Smart Casual

Ships R Great

On our recent Med cruise, most guests (or the women, anyway) were "country-club casual" or something more aking to the old "informal" dress code. I think most people get it, and those who "dress-down" are probably consciously doing so, well aware that most people are aiming for a bit more glitz.

In a conversation I had with the Hotel Manager on my last cruise, I asked why they had changed the dress code. He told me they felt people were having trouble understanding what informal meant and they wanted to make it clearer that very casual clothing was not appropriate in the dining room at dinner. They were hoping that the new designation of smart casual would make it easier to understand. Instead some have taken it as a sign that they should be more casual instead of less.

Smart Casual is just like 'casual'... only 'smarter' (any IDIOT knows that).

This makes perfect sense. Like a CC thread a few years ago set forth, where posters described where they were from.

The poster from New Mexico indicated that it was just like Mexico... only newer!

So there you have it. Enjoy your cruising and dining - casual or otherwise, you just have to think about it!;)

Archived