Can we hail a taxi/bus back to Btown from a road near Bottom Bay?

sarah000

Our decision is between Crane and Bottom Bay because we don't care for crowds or activities, however we want to be sure and get a ride back to the boat! I know Crane is suppose to have a taxi stand / bus stop, but how difficult would it be from Bottom Bay?

Our plan so far is to catch a bus from Bridgetown, tour Sunbury and have lunch there, then relax on a beach for a couple hours.

Our decision is between Crane and Bottom Bay because we don't care for crowds or activities, however we want to be sure and get a ride back to the boat! I know Crane is suppose to have a taxi stand / bus stop, but how difficult would it be from Bottom Bay?

Our plan so far is to catch a bus from Bridgetown, tour Sunbury and have lunch there, then relax on a beach for a couple hours.

You’d be OK finding transport at Crane, but taxis might be scarce around Bottom Bay.

Not a lot going on between Long Bay and Conset Point. Some have our ‘weekend cabins’ here LOL

Unfortunately, there are some great beaches here that beg for explore. I always tell visitors to do a taxi here and have him return, or rent a car. Bussing-it and walking are not advised.

One wouldn’t imagine that a tiny island like Barbados with ¾ of a million people that there could be desolate beaches. But this is where they are as well as north around Walkers Beach.

I don’t know how to put this, but one doesn’t walk isolated beached in Barbados, or any other Caribbean island in 2009.

It is not safe.

If there are less than four to six people on the beach it is not advised to visit.

I always get whooped for giving this advice, but I feel people should know.

Barbados is generally a safe island. Problems occur in the cane fields and the isolated beaches of the east coast.

Don’t confuse beauty with safety.

Have a great, safe holiday and return for a longer stay. :)

Archived