RCCL Radiance of the Sea with 2 year old - child program questions

bicoastalbabe

We are thinking of cruising on the Radiance of the Sea on the 12/22/09 12 day cruise with our kids and grandkids. The little ones will be 2, 4 and almost 6. Will there be programs during the day for the 2 year old to go to (with a parent, grandparent) that we can entertain her with to give her parents a real vacation ? Anyone know the hours - like do they have things going on for most of the day that we could use or only for a short time once or twice a day? Thanks for any help.

I beleive there is some time around noon for a few hour's you can go with your child and play with the toys.

We have a 2 year old also, and had done 8 RCCL cruises, but choose to do Carnival this time due to them having "camp" for 2 year olds.

RCCL's program for 18-36 month olds is as follows. One or 2 - 45 minute sessions per day to play with the Fisher Price toys. These generally take place in one of the lounges. An adult must stay with the child for the entire time.

We were on Radiance a couple of weeks ago and the program ran once a day. Don't forget that there is in-cabin babysitting available on a first come first serve basis, for a fee. This is available 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily, but is dependent on there being a crew member available for your desired times. The rate is usually about $12/hour and varies depending on the number of children to be babysat.

My kids have suddenly decided they want to bring a baby sitter with them - one of their child care teachers. I had reserved cabins on this cruise (also on a HAL cruise which is shorter) pending their decision, but I suddenly realized my notes on RCCL didn't say that 2 year olds could go to the little kids program if an adult stayed with them. I spoke to RCCL (3 times) about programs for 2 year olds and got different info each time. The babysitter would be only for at night, so we need some "entertainment" for the days to help the uncle, grandparents, etc. out.

Archived