What would you do

beamer101

We took the kids with us on a 9 night Pearl cruise when they were 16 an 14. We booked 2 insides on deck 7 which made it easy to get outside on deck 6. We loved having 2 rooms as the girls liked their privacy too.

Now we book high and inside where it is an easy run up the stairs to the pool deck. We did that on the Dawn and it was great. We did make sure that we were not under anything too noisy.

You do need to know that I like inside cabins. They are cheap, dark, and I can leave the TV on the bow camera station to see if the sun is coming up. Captains view but a little grainier.

We are a family of four (kids aged 11 adn 14, adults aged, well none of your business!) looking at the 12 day Eastern Med cruise next March on the Jade. Here is the issue we are grappling with. We can afford either one balcony room or two inside rooms. We love the idea of having the balcony to watch the Med go past, but we are hesitant at the thought of all of us jammed in one room.

What would you seasoned cruisers do (this is our first cruise)

Thanks in advance for your feedback

I would make every effort to do the balcony with an inside across the hall, we did it once and it worked fine. when you register who is in what cabin, remember that you will have to say that there is an adult and a teen in each cabin, they wont just allow tw ojids in the cabin - of course its up to you who sleeps where.

if you can't do that look into an AF mini-suite, with the curtain divider, it's about 40% larger than a balcony, has a 50% larger balcony (at least on the Jewel), and the only issue would be taking turns in the bathroom.

enjoy your 1st cruise !!!

We are a family of four (kids aged 11 adn 14, adults aged, well none of your business!) looking at the 12 day Eastern Med cruise next March on the Jade. Here is the issue we are grappling with. We can afford either one balcony room or two inside rooms. We love the idea of having the balcony to watch the Med go past, but we are hesitant at the thought of all of us jammed in one room.

What would you seasoned cruisers do (this is our first cruise)

Thanks in advance for your feedback

We always shared a stateroom (usually a balcony) when my kids were with us. It was a bit tight, but we're family so none of us cared. Having a balcony does add a bit more space, too. I personally would not be comfortable not knowing if my kids were in the room or out wandering, so for me, having 2 rooms (unless they connected) would not be worth it.

If it were me. I would have the kids stay with family and my wife and I would get the balcony room. But I understand the desire to take them along.

At ages 11 and 14, our kids will be able to say that they have seen the pyramids, the Roman Coliseum, the Acropolis, have visited three continents and viewed the remains of three ancient empires. The kids are pretty much the reason why we are going on this cruise. We offered them a couple of weeks on the beach somewhere or a week at DisneyWorld or this cruise and they both chose the cruise.

We've done it both ways with our two kids, and we had a great time both times. The first time, a Caribbean cruise, we shared a "suite" (called a suite, but really just a big balcony cabin to me) for 7 days. It was definitely crowded and we tended to get in each other's way, and got a little grouchy with one another. It wasn't just the number of people; it was all the stuff we had with us that just took up a lot of space, and our kids aren't the neatest. On our second family cruise, a seven-day trip to Alaska, we got a balcony for us and an inside right across the hall for the kids. Much more comfortable for all of us, and the kids could still share the balcony with us. The trip was much more comfortable and less grouchy. There's no way I would do a 12-day cruise with four of us in one cabin, sharing one bathroom :eek:. If you can splurge for the balcony and the inside, go for it, or stick with the two insides. For 12 days, it's definitely worth it!

Archived