Is Prem still the Hotel Director on the Gem?

LimaSierra

Hmm...I know the "cruise director" is quite a significant influence on the atmosphere of a cruise, depending on how much you are out and about and use the entertainment options on the ship. That said, I've never taken notice to the "HD" on any cruise I've been on. What exactly are their duties and what should I know about them?

Hmm...I know the "cruise director" is quite a significant influence on the atmosphere of a cruise, depending on how much you are out and about and use the entertainment options on the ship. That said, I've never taken notice to the "HD" on any cruise I've been on. What exactly are their duties and what should I know about them?

The Hotel Director is responsible for running the entire hotel operation on the ship. All department managers report to the Hotel Director. Over 90% of the ships crew fall under the direction of the Hotel Director. The only departments which aren't under the direction of the Hotel Director are the Bridge and Engineering. All three departments are run independently.

The Hotel Director oversees the hotel operations including the restaurants, housekeeping, security, etc. I have sailed with several of the best from Klaus on the Dawn and Sky, Prem on the Gem, Matt on the Pearl and most often, Hugo on the Dawn. I have seen them walking from restaurant to restaurant every evening checking on the operations and satifaction of the pax. They are usually accompanied by the Food and Beverage Manager. During the day they can be seen anywhere on the ship and are always available for any problems that come up. I have been extremely impressed by the energy and time they give to the job. Kudos for what they do!

The Hotel Director is responsible for running the entire hotel operation on the ship. All department managers report to the Hotel Director. Over 90% of the ships crew fall under the direction of the Hotel Director. The only departments which aren't under the direction of the Hotel Director are the Bridge and Engineering. All three departments are run independently.

Thanks for this info...very helpful. ; )

The Hotel Director oversees the hotel operations including the restaurants, housekeeping, security, etc. I have sailed with several of the best from Klaus on the Dawn and Sky, Prem on the Gem, Matt on the Pearl and most often, Hugo on the Dawn. I have seen them walking from restaurant to restaurant every evening checking on the operations and satifaction of the pax. They are usually accompanied by the Food and Beverage Manager. During the day they can be seen anywhere on the ship and are always available for any problems that come up. I have been extremely impressed by the energy and time they give to the job. Kudos for what they do!

Thanks Eileen.....sounds like the CD, who is also very visible and active and available.....I was always wondering about the HD and now I know. ; ) ;)

If you have never done so, take time to talk to one of them. They are interesting and have great stories to tell. Any question you have about the ship or it's operations, can be answered by someone who personally knows how it operates. Very personable. Happy to help.

Archived