Quantas Vs Air tahiti Nui: extra local airport taxes

manasvi10

Hi,

I need to book Lax- PPT airfare for upcoming pacific princess cruise. As per previous suggestions I looked for quantas rates for air tahiti nui flights. The quantas fare for particular dates is $150 lesser than air tahiti nui (even if it is the codeshare flight). The tickets are available on quantas website, expedia and travelocity etc with this difference.

However when I try to book it on Quantas website, it says "the price includes surcharges, taxes and fares. Need to pay local airport tax at checkin time".

Does anybody know how much are the local airport taxes? has anybody paid this at the time of checkin? Not sure about air tahiti nui price. It just says taxes included..If the local airport taxes are same as the price difference, will prefer to book through air tahiti nui...

Is it common to pay additional amounts at the time of checkin?

Manasvi10

Hi,

I need to book Lax- PPT airfare for upcoming pacific princess cruise. As per previous suggestions I looked for quantas rates for air tahiti nui flights. The quantas fare for particular dates is $150 lesser than air tahiti nui (even if it is the codeshare flight). The tickets are available on quantas website, expedia and travelocity etc with this difference.

However when I try to book it on Quantas website, it says "the price includes surcharges, taxes and fares. Need to pay local airport tax at checkin time".

Does anybody know how much are the local airport taxes? has anybody paid this at the time of checkin? Not sure about air tahiti nui price. It just says taxes included..If the local airport taxes are same as the price difference, will prefer to book through air tahiti nui...

Is it common to pay additional amounts at the time of checkin?

Manasvi10

I don't remember ever paying taxes at the airport in Papeete--although we have been many places where that has happened--last time a few months ago in Santiago--I think--maybe $130 USD

Have you looked at rate from LAX to PPT on Air France--we usually travel on Air France but have used ATN.

Leaving Ppt Air France usually has a morning rather than a night flight. think it leaves about 8 am--gets in from LAX about 5 am with time to get rid of some luggage and take the AT plane to Bora Bora.

Nancy:D

This might be of interest. ATN is running a sale right now.

Source: http://www.flyatn.com/atnspecial/atnspecial.asp?id=1299

Early Bird Special from $954*

Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles to Tahiti

Tickets must be issued on/after September 6th 2009 and on/before September 24th 2009.

Airfare valid for 10 day maximum stay in Tahiti.

Travel Dates: 01/11/2010 to 06/11/2010

(Airfare $688, Tax and Fuel Surcharges $266)

Archived