Grandeur Question - Elevators

VABeach

OK, after looking at the floor plans, it looks like there are only 3 elevators on the ship. Can this be right? Even on the smaller CCL ships there were like 14 of them and it was still quite a wait sometimes. Please tell me I'm missing something.:(

There are more - I can't recall specifically, but we were on this ship twice this past summer. For example, we were in cabin 2040 on one of the sailings, which was just around the corner from the forward elevators. On the diagram, it has just one block which says "elev", but there were 2 or 3 there. It seems like the diagram is showing where a bank of elevators is located. We never had exceptionally long waits that I recall. Also, for the aft elevators, it seems like there are some which are enclosed (which I think the diagram has marked) and then I think (THINK, mind you) that there are glass enclosed elevators across the way which are those curved shaped unlabeled things on the diagram. Now, I just got off the Voyager last week & they had lots of glass elevators so I hope I am not confusing the glass elevator thing. I do recall that we did not have nearly the problem with kids commandeering the elevators for their personal entertainment on the Grandeur that we had on Voyager. Hope this helps a bit.

As far as I remember there are 14. It´s 4 at the forward staircase and two banks of 4 elevators in the centrum plus the two glass elevators.

I could be wrong and it is per elevator bank only 3 of them, but I think it have been 4.

So it´s at least 11.

Hope this makes a little sense.

Archived