Bus to Mullins in last six months

Bwanna

Has anyone used the bus system to go to Mullins beach lately? We have heard that it is a nice place even though there appears to be some beach erosion. Still appears to be a nice area away from the cruise crowds. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

thnx

• 2 weeks later...
Also wondering about this -- if we take the bus to Payne's for the turtles, can we go back to the same place (Esso gas station). Will they stop there? Then does anyone know where to get off to go to Mullins??

After Paynes Bay, head back to the street and head for "The Sands". It's an ENORMOUS building right next to the road. It'll have a Bus Stop right in front of it that says "Out of City" in the centre.

From there, take the bus north. You can tell the driver that you are going to Mullins when you first get in, or ask one of your neighbours on board the bus to point it out for you.

The Esso station will be on your right as you head north.

Pressing the bell as it comes into view should put you right outside the Tamarind Cove Hotel. From there it would be a short walk in the same direction that your bus was going (until you can see the Public Access on the left).

OR...

It might be best to stay on the bus until after you pass the Esso and press the bell after passing the Tamarind Cove on your left. This will put you VERY near to the public access.

When leaving to go to the port from Mullins, cross the street and ANY bus that says Bridgetown will take you to where you are going.

You are a wealth of information!! I notice they have glass bottom boats at Mullins also -- do they take you to see the turtles from there or is Payne's better?

Also, is SugaSuga and Mullins Beach Bar one in the same or are they two separate places? Which has a better light menu lunch? Price comparison? Do you know if they allow you to use their chairs/umbrellas if you eat lunch or do you need to rent them? Do you know any prices?

You are a wealth of information!! I notice they have glass bottom boats at Mullins also -- do they take you to see the turtles from there or is Payne's better?

Also, is SugaSuga and Mullins Beach Bar one in the same or are they two separate places? Which has a better light menu lunch? Price comparison? Do you know if they allow you to use their chairs/umbrellas if you eat lunch or do you need to rent them? Do you know any prices?

Paynes Bay may be better because there are tons of catamarans that come everyday to feed the turtles so they're always around here as a result.

Honestly, it's been a little while since I've gone up north but Suga Suga and Mullins are indeed the same.

If I remember correctly, Mullins used to rent chairs on the beach with "table-service" where waiters would take your orders etc. Prices? Sorry, not too sure but I'll see if I can find out any for you.

BTW, see the link for a webcam of Mullins. :cool:

http://www.streamdays.com/camera/view/mullins_surf_beach_webcam_barbados

Archived