Rephrased: stay on boat while others snorkel?

bmdlover

Although I asked several days ago, some looks but no answers. So let me put the question this way. We want to go see the stingrays. However, is there a tour where my husband can stay on the boat (perhaps with a beer) while we do the additional snorkeling stop? He has a beard and hates the feeling of a leaking mask, so doesn't want to snorkel, but supports my doing so. i just want him to be comfy waiting while I have fun.

thanks

We were in Grand Cayman in 2008 and enjoyed the company Captain Marvin's. While many of us were in the water with the stingray's , coral gardens for snorkeling...there were people who chose to stay onboard the boat. There didn't seem to be a problem with that.

I just did a tour through nativeway it was great, I stayed on the boat while others did the snorkel and the boat was rocking and rolling and I didn't care for that at all, the girl who I was with got sea sick and the guide suggested getting in the water, and just got in near the ladder and it did make a difference.

Just did Stingraysailing.com and several people stayed on the boat for the snorkeling. Not a problem at all. Not sure you could bring a beer on board, you'd have to email then to ask, but they did have beer for sale on the boat (I don't drink beer so don't remember the price, but didn't seem expensive).

There's no problem standing in the water for the stingray part. The water's very calm and the deepest part seemed to be no more than 4 feet. There were places you could stand that were even shallower.

I also have a full beard and have learned to trim the moustache hair right below my nose almost to the point where it is shaved clean. That has eliminated the "water in the mask" issues I have had before. I have a longer moustache and if you only trim about 1/4 inch below the nose, you really don't notice it unless you look at it closely. It was also suggested to me that I could apply a layer of Vaseline at right below my nose....but haven't tried that one yet.

I cant think of the companys name right now but one of the tour operators offers a glass bottom boat snorkeling tour where you can either stay on the boat and view the sea life from inside the boat or you can get out and snorkel. This may be the best option for you folks...or tell him to shave and enjoy life a little more :D

http://www.stingraysailing.com/

You can stand on the sandbar to see the stingrays and sit on the boat when the others snorkel, if you like. They sell beer.

We were on the stingraysailing.com tour last week, with only 12 on the boat. The crew was great, taking photos with our camera’s helping with snorkel gear and answering all our questions, the boat clean and safe. But most of all there were far more stingrays around us than any other boat on the sandbar. (Chip said he uses a better fish to feed them and they recognize the sound of his boat motor) They do provide water and fruit, free of charge and have beer and soda for a fee. I would take this tour again in a heartbeat.

Stingraysailing.com Thumbs up

Archived