What to do in Progreso...

cyranie

I´ve been reading all the posts and threads about Progreso. And people all the time ask about What to do in Progreso? Is this a safe place? What about the food? What´s the best tour ? etc.

People, my advice for you is, just enjoy with no expectations. Enjoy the beach which is awesome, feel the breeze, take a walk, buy some handcrafts, try the food and WATCH YOUR STEP, if you are drunk!!!

Progreso is a very nice place, You´ll see that when you get there.

Questions??? just email me: cyranie_83@hotmail.com

Have fun, seeee ya:p

I´ve been reading all the posts and threads about Progreso. And people all the time ask about What to do in Progreso? Is this a safe place? What about the food? What´s the best tour ? etc.

People, my advice for you is, just enjoy with no expectations. Enjoy the beach which is awesome, feel the breeze, take a walk, buy some handcrafts, try the food and WATCH YOUR STEP, if you are drunk!!!

Progreso is a very nice place, You´ll see that when you get there.

Questions??? just email me: cyranie_83@hotmail.com

Have fun, seeee ya:p

I agree 100% with you. The best thing to do in Progreso is to basicaly do nothing. I like finding a nice cool shaddy spot on the beach or in one of the beach side bars and simply relax. Drink, eat and people watch. It's the best show in town. Merida is a wonderful old colonial city that is worth a trip to anytime of the year. It does get steaming hot in the middle of the summer. That is why the residents come to Progreso and the surrounding villages to vacation that time of the year. Progreso is still a taste of old Yucatan not the glitze and purpose built tourist traps of Cozumel and Cancun. I have taken several land vacations there and am seriously thanking about taking my second retirement in the area.

I agree 100% with you. The best thing to do in Progreso is to basicaly do nothing. I like finding a nice cool shaddy spot on the beach or in one of the beach side bars and simply relax. Drink, eat and people watch. It's the best show in town. Merida is a wonderful old colonial city that is worth a trip to anytime of the year. It does get steaming hot in the middle of the summer. That is why the residents come to Progreso and the surrounding villages to vacation that time of the year. Progreso is still a taste of old Yucatan not the glitze and purpose built tourist traps of Cozumel and Cancun. I have taken several land vacations there and am seriously thanking about taking my second retirement in the area.

Could not have said better.

• 1 month later...
I heard there is a lighthouse there. Does anyone know if it is open to the public? Also, does Progreso have a pharmacy?

Yes there are pharmacies, I went to several while walking through town.

Mainly because I was curious about different things that I have heard.

A couple were barely ok, but I saw one that you could have put their entire stock in one paper sack.

I have some pics of Progreso. If interested, email me at a p r e s t o 1 9 7 7 @ aol (without spaces of course) also, with any questions. I was just there on Tuesday and walked around the town with a wonderful local "guide" named Fransico who we just happened upon. I gave him $15 and 2 packs of cigarettes that I had purchased in town and he was a wealth of knowledge. Friendliest guy ever and spoke perfect english. I guess it helped that he had lived in Colorado for 32 years.

Archived