For the Victory experts out there.....

crusing48/51

I have a question about balcony cabins. I would like to know how much difference there would be between an aft balcony, and an "L" shaped balcony cabin on Empress deck. It looks like the aft balcony would be wider, and the "L" shaped would be longer. Could someone tell me other differences in the room? Would the aft cabin have more space? I'm trying to justify the difference in cost at this point. The aft would be $140 total more than the "L" shaped. Is this a good deal, or would the aft be a better choice? Thanks to anyone that can give insights!

I investigated the different balcony options before booking my Victory cruise for last Dec.

If you are referring to the long balcony on the side of the ship just before the aft wrap arounds, those balconies are 75 sq ft, they will be longer because the balcony runs the length of the cabin which is turned sideways around the stairs, the balcony will not be any deeper.

If you go with the aft balcony, those balconies are no wider than the stateroom, however they are deeper from the outside wall of the stateroom to the glass rail. These balconies are 60 sq ft.

I originally opted for the aft balcony because I am long legged and didn't want to be cramped sitting on the balcony. Keep in mind with the aft balcony the rail is closer to the cabin with the glass angled with the back of ship, so there will be more leg room sitting down, kind of like this \.

Just before my cruise the suites were reduced and I switched from my aft balcony, however given the 2 choices you have presented, personally, I would take the aft balcony, plus you have great views from the aft when sailing away from the ports.

I hope this helps!

Thank you SFCruisers. Your answer helped me very much. We have an aft cabin booked, 7433, and DH says to keep it, unless, of course, like your situation and a suite comes available for a little more, then we will switch. Also, like you said, sail away will be spectacular from the aft. This will be our first balcony ever, so I'm really excited. I hear once you go balcony, you can never go back! We'll see?;)

Archived