Excursions on Bermuda-Explorer of the Seas

manchak99

What have you all gone and done while there?

Hubby and I are going on first cruise in two weeks....leaving Bayonne, NJ on 9/26 on the Explorer and headed to Bermuda. I'm not a fan of swimming....not a good swimmer...was wondering how rough the water is out on the catamarans, glass bottom boats, etc....also, what are the excursions worth taking and not taking.

thanks a bunch:)

I'll be on that same sailing (though I've never been to Bermuda either):

I've been looking at the Bermuda boards on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Someone there might be able to answer your question about how rough the waters are.

As far as excursions, it seems like going out on your own via Bermuda's public transit might be better than booking an excursion. You can get a 2-day pass that's good for all busses/ferries on the island.

Guest maddycat
As far as excursions, it seems like going out on your own via Bermuda's public transit might be better than booking an excursion. You can get a 2-day pass that's good for all busses/ferries on the island.

I've been to Bermuda many times. Your best bet is to buy the bus pass. You can buy one right outside the terminal in Kings Warf (the Dockyard). They'll give you a schedule and map of the island. Attractions will be noted on the map. The buses and ferries are great. We especially like the ferries. Visit Hamilton, St.Georges, the caves, the zoo and aquarium. Bermuda is great.

Guest maddycat
I highly recommend helmet diving with Hartley Diving.

http://www.hartleybermuda.com/

We cruised with a group of non-swimmers, great swimmers and so so swimmers. Everyone enjoyed this adventure.

I agree. We did the helmet diving. It was great. Make sure to bring a disposable underwater camera.

My favorite all-time excursion was in Bermuda. It was an around the island high speed boat ride we did in 2006. It was really fun, but it was in a pouring rain. We still had the time of our lives. We also got the bus pass & visited Horseshoe Beach, it is beautiful there. Getting there you walk down a steep hill. Coming back up, there is a van that'll drive you up for $1 each. It is well worth the buck.

Bermuda is beautiful & the people are very friendly & courteous & they expect you to be the same. If someone says good morning to you, please say good morning back. It's a great place to visit, you'll love it. It's a place that you are NOT allowed to visit if you don't have a ticket off the island. They won't let you in if you don't have return transportation!

Have fun on your cruise, we'll be going in May 2010.

Archived