Ques for 16 month old & port excursions

mj cruiser

Hey everyone we will be cruising on Carnival Dream in March with our baby who will be 16 months and were wondering if anyone has any port ideas, beaches that are close to

Cozumel

Roatan

Belize

Costa Maya

I have actually been to all of these ports but with my older son and would love some great ideas!

Thanks in advance!

We are doing a similar ports for our upcoming cruise. We will be bringing our three children 14, 10, and 8 who are experienced cruisers. This will be our first cruise with our son who will be 15 months when we cruise. I've poured over the boards trying to figure out which actvities would be ideal to do with a toddler. This is what we have planned:

Cozumel - Chankanaab Dolphin Encounter. From what I have read this is just a short drive from the ship. Your toddler can participate in the encounter for free with a paying adult and right now it is 30% off.

Roatan - Fins & Flippers. This is super close to the ship and sounds like it has lots to do including an animal resuce area. I think all of my kids including little one, will love seeing the animals.

Belize- Bannister Island. My sister has done this excursion before and from what she says, if you book it through the cruise line you are tendered from the ship directly to the island. This is ideal for us.

We are not going to Costa Maya, and we've never been there so I cannot help with that one.

I will let you know how these work out for us.

awesome cant wait for your review. We went and did the dolphin excursion a couple years ago in Cozumel it was awesome. We booked directly through the park and got a great discount and just paid for a taxi not sure if you did that but we saved some really good money! The weather that day was rough and all the cruiseline excursions were cancelled! I am looking forward to going when the weather is nicer because the water was amazing!

We are doing a similar ports for our upcoming cruise. We will be bringing our three children 14, 10, and 8 who are experienced cruisers. This will be our first cruise with our son who will be 15 months when we cruise. I've poured over the boards trying to figure out which actvities would be ideal to do with a toddler. This is what we have planned:

Cozumel - Chankanaab Dolphin Encounter. From what I have read this is just a short drive from the ship. Your toddler can participate in the encounter for free with a paying adult and right now it is 30% off.

Roatan - Fins & Flippers. This is super close to the ship and sounds like it has lots to do including an animal resuce area. I think all of my kids including little one, will love seeing the animals.

Belize- Bannister Island. My sister has done this excursion before and from what she says, if you book it through the cruise line you are tendered from the ship directly to the island. This is ideal for us.

We are not going to Costa Maya, and we've never been there so I cannot help with that one.

I will let you know how these work out for us.

Do you have a fins and flippers website for roatan?

It's www.finsandflippers.com A word of warning though. I was reading on the Belize board that they have done a price increase to $50!!!!

Also, it appears Bannister Island may not be available through Carnival anymore...????? I cannot seem to find a for sure answer. It is not showing as an option under the excursions anynmore. We may book through coral breeze tours instead, but we will have to tender instead of being taken directly to the island.

I did notice it was raised to $50 but it sounds like a great excursion! Last time we went to Roatan we just got a taxi to drive us all day and we went to a private beach I think it was half moon bay but it was pretty far to drive with a baby!

I did notice that Carnival does not have the beach break I read somewhere that the manager was murdered so Carnival stopped it ...not sure if that is true!

thanks for the great ideas!

I second Chankanaab park for Cozumel. It's about a 10 minute cab ride, but it is a great facility and the dolphin encounter is amazing. You can book independently with them on the web.

In Belize, I have booked through the cruiseline. The town isn't much, and it appears rough outside the fence. We did the Goff's Caye snorkel and it was perfect for us. My DH took my 2 yo son off on to the island, while my then DS 8 and I snorkeled from the boat for a while. When we came back to shore, I was able to play with my 2 yo while DH snorkeled from shore.

As for Costa Maya, I was there pre-hurricane, so I do not know if they built it the same way. But, it had a beach right by the peir, and a cool salt water pool with music and a swim up bar in the center of the market. Other than the port, there wasn't much there, so we left my youngest on the ship for the morning and took a trip to the Chachobeen ruins with the older DS and it was fantastic. Afterwords, we went back onto the boat, checked the little one out of "baby jail" (my affectionate term for camp) and took him to the pool. Great memories.

Archived