RCC Credit Card - OBC Credit

mompolo

We went on the Mariner last Sept. and afterwards our friends decided to get a RCC credit card to earn OBC for the next cruise.

I'm not good at math and don't know how much you can earn - but a couple of weeks ago he told us he already has $500 obc.

My questions:

How much do you have to spend to earn that much?? and

Is there a limit to how much you can earn before you use it??

Thanks!!

Royal Caribbean credit card points are only valid for Royal Caribbean cruises.

You get one point for each dollar spent - double points for Royal Caribbean charges.

For a $500 credit, you would need 50,000 points.

However, they have a promotion giving you 10,000 points the first time you use it.

The onboard credit from a Royal Caribbean credit card can only be used on Royal Caribbean. Celebrity has their own credit card.

:) I have both the RCCL cc and the Celebrity cc --- the previous poster was

correct --- you can only use the points towards cruises on those lines, repectively.

I just redeemed 5000 points for a $ 50 OBC certificate for our upcoming Jan cruise on the Solstice. I plan to make my final payment that way which should give me additional OBC's to spend. Yeah !!!! :D:D

Royal Caribbean credit card points are only valid for Royal Caribbean cruises.

You get one point for each dollar spent.

For a $500 credit, you would need 50,000 points.

That is really bad when for 50,000 points the past two years we were able to get 4 flights to Rome valued at $1,300.00 to $1,600.00 each (for 50,000 points each) using a credit card that earns air miles.

That is really bad when for 50,000 points the past two years we were able to get 4 flights to Rome valued at $1,300.00 to $1,600.00 each (for 50,000 points each) using a credit card that earns air miles.

Airline miles are generally worth approx .01 cents each so you got a bargain. Airline cards do have an annual fee and you are restricted to one airline or group or airlines. RCCL CC also offers free and discounted cruises and upgrades using points.:D And there is NO fee.

Archived