Best Bahamas cruise for kids

bubblysexycool

Looking a really fun short cruise to the Bahamas for 3 adullts and 2 kids (8 & 9).

We narrowed it down to:

Carnival Sensation

RCCL Monarch of the Seas

Which one has the best activities for the kids and has the best kids club? We are really leaning toward Sensation but read reviews about the ship being dirty.

Thanks.:)

I know the Sensation reviews seem to have been a little down lately, but it was fabulous when I took my son on his first cruise in 2006, and that was before the Waterworks addition. He was 9 and has been hooked on cruising ever since. We'd try this ship again in a heartbeat.

We haven't been on Monarch so can't make a comparison, though.

Thank you for the replies. The kids have seen the waterworks area and they are really excited about it....however the rest of us have only sailed RCCL and had some family members cruise Carnival and they were not as impressed (they sailed on the Triumph).

We want to combine it with a stay at the Nick hotel.

You might consider the Jacksonville cruise, then you would get the WaterWorks and Half Moon Cay...the perfect port for a beach break with the kids.

Carnival is a great line for kids. I know a lot of RCI "people" are Carnival snobs, but we are kind of the opposite, or first RCI cruise wasn't so great (Majesty of the Seas) but we have loved the special attention we get from Camp Carnival and have become addicted to cruising because of Carnival.

Archived