Marnier info please- sailing 5/23/04

Hi

I'm going on my honeymoon on the Marnier 5/23/04. We're a little worried about driving down and getting there on time. What all is involved in the Embarkation process and how long does it take? How early do we need to be there?

Also... any tips? Must brings? Must dos? Must sees? Thanks!

We arrived at the Port after spending the night in Cocoa Beach at 12:30 and we were on the ship in our room unloading carry-ons by 1:00. It helps at embarkation to have all the forms filled out in detail and then it is a breeze. I would think that 3:00 would be the very latest you would want to arrive to embark.

Don't know if this is a western or eastern itin. We did the western in April and loved every port, especially Cococay--very relaxing, and Cayman. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon--you picked a great way to start your married life. If you have other specific questions about Mariner, you can e-mail me privately at jmeyer10@cox.net.

First of all, congratulations! I assume your wedding is Saturday night and you plan to leave Sunday morning. We live in Charlotte and it's about an 8 1/2 hour drive if you only stop for gas. You can make it, but just make sure you allow extra time for something to go wrong. Expect the unexpected! (We were late for our wedding when our car blew a sparkplug.)

By the way, we just got off the Mariner 5/9. She's beautiful and you're going to love every minute of your trip!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 5/2/2004

Thanks everyone! Wow... a half hour's not bad at all. And I think if you can make it from Charlotte in 8 1/2 I should be ok from Charleston. Our wedding is Saturday night... and we're wondering how early of a wake up call to torture ourselves with! I've been looking forward to this weekend for 2 years... can't believe it's only 8 days away!

Another congrats on the big event. And now the bad news. The later you arrive at the port the bigger the line to check in will be.

Around Noon you will have the various 'earlybirds' and veteran cruisers wanting to check out the ship and dine at the Windjammer. By 2 PM a good portion of the 3000+ passengers will be jammed in the lines and this lasts right up until sailing at 5 PM.

I'm usually one of those earlybirds and love to watch the masses congregate towards the ship. icon_wink.gif

Don't spoil your wedding night by any means. But the real honeymoon will be aboard the Mariner. She is one beautiful vessel and worthy of driving down overnight to get to.

Good luck!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;9;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/19/2004 Mariner of the Seas

*** Royal Hounds Cruise ***

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1/30/2005 Mariner of the Seas

*** Western Caribbean ***

WE ARE CELABRATING OUR DAUGHTERS GRADUATION ON THIS SAME CRUISE, THE SHIP IS BEAUTIFUL. JUST REMEMBER THE SOONER YOU GET ON THE SHIP THE SOONER THE REAL HONEYMOON WILL BEGIN. YOU WILL LOVE IT. I PLAN ON ARIVING AROUND NOON. CONGRATS.ON YOUR WEDDING AND MAYBE WELL MEET ON THE SHIP..

ROBIN/PALM BAY FLORIDA icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I agree, you might want to leave after your celebration. How about checking out Priceline for a reasonable/cheap hotel for a few hours then enjoy your first day as a married couple relaxing on the beautiful ship.

Congratulations, hope you have a fantastic honeymoon icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Carolinia-

Congrats!! My husband and I cruised on our honeymoon and we had a blast!! You will love it.

Tell your travel agent to put you at a table with the other honeymooners and you will have friends to make and ALOT to talk about..

Unless you want to be alone..

Be prepared to sleep for a couple of days if you are as tired as we were!!

Also, my family will be traveling from Charleston Saturday night as well, as my husband is graduating from MUSC next weekend. They are planning to drive halfway, Saturday night and then on to the port on Sunday. You can always stay somewhere closer to the port like Savannah or the outer banks of GA would get you closer so you wouldn't stress over being rushed. I also have a couple in my family that are leaving Charleston at 6am to make the drive as I think it's a 6 hour drive, though I would give myself seven. I have made this drive several times myself and if 95 gets backed up, it's kinda stressful. Good luck. I know the route well so if I can help you with little towns and such, let me know.

We did not experience any problems boarding about 2:30 to 3:00. There were only a few people in line. Everything was pretty efficient. Our only delay was that we needed to switch 2 pax between cabins and at each level of check-in we were told it would happen "at the next phase." If you need to do this, it will happen AFTER your check-in is complete, so just go with it and remind them that seapass cards will have to be reissued and (at least in our case) authorizations for charging will have to be made on the credit forms.

I don't know if it was crowded later in the day, but mid-afternoon was a breeze for us. Our cruise was sold-out so lack of pax was not the reason for the lull.

icon_cool.gifbeachchick

Archived