Downgraded By Carnival Beware

ICEMAN1941

I agree with you,I wouldn't want me on my ship either, but I do have a high level of self restraint and pre-meditated actions that I always inform the other party that they should get law enforcement or security over because we are going to have an issue.:D Steve

How nice of you. ;)

Then again,I am usually in the lowest cat anyway, so my beef would be that I ended up in the engine room.:D

Steve

LOL! Steve, I truly believe, with all my heart, if anyone could end up in the engine room, it would be you. :p

I feel really badly for the OP, but in 3 cruises with Carnival, I have never had a problem. On m first cruise I booked and inside GUA and received a porthole room, on my second I booked an OV gua and got just that, and enjoyed it greatly, my 3rd cruise is in Feb and I booked a 5a OV gua again and just found out that I was upgaded to a 7a, obsructed view balcony. I would definetly double check with the TA, maybe they made the mistake and blamed carnival. Where is the refund coming from exactly? Carnival or through the TA? The TA might not want to lose business and blame Canival. I would call Carnival and see what they say. And take the poster's advice who said to be nice about it, it's quite true that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I would certainly not be thrilled if this happened to me. I think I would try to get switched to a similar cruise with my category of choice available. I made a huge mistake several cruises ago and got a balcony and now enjoy the freedom of stepping out on the balcony any time of the day or night dressed or in my robe. I am sorry for the OP but it's not too late to change the situation is it? :)

LOL Diva... I don't mean to offend the OP here, really I don't... but obviously this was very important (important enough to be the first post in nearly 5 years)... and to post without details really doesn't do much to help others at CC(which really, isn't that the point of this board?)... I would have just thought it might have been important enough to stay around for say, 5 minutes... LOL. I understand everyone is busy... but after being here for 5 years, you had to know there were going to be a ton of questions. I hope you come back soon!!!!! :D

I think if I booked a balcony gauarantee and they gave me a 7a- the difference in money better been for an oceanview gauarantee. I am sure there is not a huge difference between a 7A and a balcony gauarantee. And I want the money at todays rates...not what I booked it from.

I would like more details.

I don't mean to offend anybody either but sometimes I just have to scratch my head:confused: there is a thread on the RCI board because the poster paid $5000 for his 6 night cruise and they did not have a lobster night??? Said it was inexcusable and just plain lazy..I told him/her I could buy a lot of really GOOD lobster for 5 thousand bucks:D

LOL, I'm not EVEN going to go look, LOL... I guess I am strange and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me... but for ME, I don't really pay attention to the ports (FTLOG, I think my next three cruises are all going to the same places... none of which I am overly excited about)... nor do I cruise because of a dish they serve one night in the dining room, or to try to get a certain towel animal or even a specific cocktail. It is the experience as a whole. There are some people that will literally look for things to complain about... and then there are some that horrible things happen to and they still manage to keep a good attitude and enjoy themselves... I am sure there is something that could happen which would cause me to be really ticked off... but it certainly would not be missing a port, not getting a certain meal, or mother nature not cooperating. Good grief... with the events over the last week if we have still not learned that life is just too short and we really have it made... complaining about some things that are complained about seem quite trivial. Sure, you are paying good money for a vacation, but if you are going to get bent out of shape due to the lack of a $25 meal... cruising is probably not the perfect vacation... This is, just my opinion of course.

I don't mean to offend anybody either but sometimes I just have to scratch my head:confused: there is a thread on the RCI board because the poster paid $5000 for his 6 night cruise and they did not have a lobster night??? Said it was inexcusable and just plain lazy..I told him/her I could buy a lot of really GOOD lobster for 5 thousand bucks:D

WHOA!! Do you know how many people he brought with him?? That's a LOT of money for RCI....I hope he had at least 3 or 4 kids with him!!!

I cruised for 5 days last time and I was pretty irritated... this actually, now that I think about it... did ruin my cruise for me :o I got towel animals 4 of the days... I got an elephant, an otter, a rabbit and a swan looking thing... but get this (sit down folks, you are not going to believe this one) NO FREAKING MONKEY? I mean, WHAT were they thinking? Others get monkeys... why not me? This is unexcusable... Carnival is seriously lacking if they cannot ensure that everyone gets a monkey towel animal. I looked forward to this for months. Yes, i mailed to Bob Dickinson, and I am still waiting for an answer. I demanded a free cruise for my pain and suffering...

:D :D :D

I cruised for 5 days last time and I was pretty irritated... this actually, now that I think about it... did ruin my cruise for me :o I got towel animals 4 of the days... I got an elephant, an otter, a rabbit and a swan looking thing... but get this (sit down folks, you are not going to believe this one) NO FREAKING MONKEY? I mean, WHAT were they thinking? Others get monkeys... why not me? This is unexcusable... Carnival is seriously lacking if they cannot ensure that everyone gets a monkey towel animal. I looked forward to this for months. Yes, i mailed to Bob Dickinson, and I am still waiting for an answer. I demanded a free cruise for my pain and suffering...

:D :D :D

Dang GC! I don't blame you for being irked!!! :p How DARE they skip the monkey???

What's this world coming to???

Serious question here... I read the other thread...HOW can they keep enough food on the ship for 30 days? I have seen them load ships just for ONE cruise and it is an ENORMOUS amount of food... keeping food fresh for 30 days? Maybe THIS is the reason I have not cruised RCI :p

Dang GC! I don't blame yu for being irked!!! :p How DARE they skip the monkey???

What's this world coming to???

I know... it was traumatizing. I mean, I paid for my cruise... it should be my version of perfect. :D LOL... $5K for lobster... that is a bit absurd ;)

Serious question here... I read the other thread...HOW can they keep enough food on the ship for 30 days? I have seen them load ships just for ONE cruise and it is an ENORMOUS amount of food... keeping food fresh for 30 days? Maybe THIS is the reason I have not cruised RCI :p

norwalk-virus, anyone??? :eek:

As you can see I am an equal opportunity cruiser but I don't buy that either..I thought they restocked after each sailing.

Your room steward probably figured there was already a monkey in the room so why bother.;)

LOL..

LAURI!!!! YOU GOT ONE??? FTLOG PEOPLE! Why this injustice?????? And now it is being blatantly thrown in my face. Now I might have to boycott CC too... That monkey even had sunglasses on... it's just not fair. I thought only getting 2 chocolate mints on my pillow was bad... but throw the monkey thing into the mix, and well... I am sure you can understand how my cruise could have been ruined ;) I would have MUCH rather been in the office, dealing with customers, doing paperwork... sitting on my couch watching Judge Judy, driving in traffic... What was I even thinking???? :D

Humor is always the best medicine right? Again, it's all about perspective...

Archived