Splendor or the Spirit?!?

LoveTravel23

I'm not the OP, but want to thank everyone for replying to this thread anyway - you all just helped me decided which ship to take for my 2nd solo cruise next year.

Yukon111, looks like we'll be onboard the Spirit at the same time. :)

Very cool. We'll have to do a meet & greet once a roll call is established. Especially if you're cruising solo.

THANK-YOU!!! To everybody that has responded thank-you!!!! I've decided to go with the Carnival Spirit towards the end of November for next year cruising 11/28/10 if all goes well. Thanx to all, I really appreciate it!!!

Regarding the group cruise I will let you.

Clearly there is an easy answer: Do one this year, and the other next year!

But here's another factor I don't believe has been mentioned: Where do you live? How far are you from Los Angeles/Long Beach vs. San Diego.

For instance, I can get to the San Diego pier on public transportation... the trolley is actually fun! For me to get to LA/LB adds additional transportation or parking expense. The difference allows me to splurge on something else along the way! (However, I am already planning on booking the Splender next year... just working out the cheapest way to get to LA/LB.)

In some cases, getting to your departure port can add the expense of a night in a hotel the night before to make sure you are not rushed on your sail away day. Depends on your departure time.

I don't know if this is a consideration for you... but if it is, then you must throw it in to the mix.

Archived