5 people in an AB cabin?

flattop223

Looking at a future cruise looks like it would cost the same or a little less for our group of 5 people to share an AB cabin rather than get 2 or 3 balcony cabins.

The AB says it sleeps 5 anyone know how tight it would be? I like the idea of having the Suite Bennys but would we be better off with 3 balcony cabins?

Looking at a future cruise looks like it would cost the same or a little less for our group of 5 people to share an AB cabin rather than get 2 or 3 balcony cabins.

The AB says it sleeps 5 anyone know how tight it would be? I like the idea of having the Suite Bennys but would we be better off with 3 balcony cabins?

Are there any children amoung the five?

What about on a one day cruise to nowhere when 5 adults just need the AB cabin to change in/catch a nap/sleep for a few hours in?

coka

This is for a 7 day cruise alaska... looking at 5/22/10 on the star, if it was a 1 day and just looking for a place to change and nap inside cabin would be fine

What about on a one day cruise to nowhere when 5 adults just need the AB cabin to change in/catch a nap/sleep for a few hours in?

coka

IMO I would NOT do a long cruise 5 adults in an AB, but for an overnight I would. On a one night the last thing you are doing is staying in the room UNLESS it's the Garden Villa or the CV. It may not make sense $ wise to book an AB.

I have done the Garden Villa one night and loved it, but I never left the Villa except to have dinner and see the show.

As a regular 'inside' cruiser, I wouldn't hesitate to do 5 in an AB. The extra bedroom is small, but the berths are the same size as others and it's not like the room is for socializing. For that you have a lovely living room and dining area and a balcony. One of our roll call friends on the Star had an AB and they entertained the entire group one afternoon and it was great. You could even alternate beds so that everyone got a chance to sleep in the 'big bed'. :)

We had 5 in an AB on our 12 day Baltics cruise - 2 adults and 3 children. However, my children are all adult size. The 2 older girls stayed in the small bedroom (they are both 5ft10in) and were comfortable as they each had a bed. They did not use the room other than for sleeping. The youngest (5ft5in) slept on the converted sofa in the living room, which was also comfortable. Storage was a bit tight, but you might need less for a 7 day cruise. Suite perks were enjoyed by all. The AB was great for our family, but I would hesitate to recommend it for 5 unrelated adults who might want more privacy.

We've been in suites, balconies and outside cabins with 4 (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 pre-teen). Are these 5 related? Are they all women/men? My biggest concern for you with 5 adults in one suite is the bathroom! How are 5 adults going to get ready for breakfast, dinner etc. I can't imagine trying to get 5 people through showers in a timely fashion. When we've been in one cabin, kids took showers at night and adults in the AM.

My suggestion is to get 1 balcony cabin and an inside or outside cabin nearby. Cheaper this way, still can enjoy the balcony as a group (aft balconies are the best for this since they are bigger) and then you have 2 bathrooms:D.

We had a great suite for our Hawaii trip - 2 rooms, balcony and fold out couch. But only 1 bathroom. We loved the suite but really could have used the extra bathroom. We had 2 cabins (balcony and inside) on our 12d cruise this summer - SOOO much less stress and bickering with us split up. I doubt I'll ever do 1 cabin again for the 4 of us.:)

If it's only one night, I'd do the suite because, as mentioned above - you'll be in there very little and won't have a lot of luggage.

Edit: just looked at the AB cabin - looks like it has 2 bathrooms so it wouldn't be such an issue.

We've been in suites, balconies and outside cabins with 4 (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 pre-teen). Are these 5 related? Are they all women/men? My biggest concern for you with 5 adults in one suite is the bathroom! How are 5 adults going to get ready for breakfast, dinner etc. I can't imagine trying to get 5 people through showers in a timely fashion. When we've been in one cabin, kids took showers at night and adults in the AM.

My suggestion is to get 1 balcony cabin and an inside or outside cabin nearby. Cheaper this way, still can enjoy the balcony as a group (aft balconies are the best for this since they are bigger) and then you have 2 bathrooms:D.

We had a great suite for our Hawaii trip - 2 rooms, balcony and fold out couch. But only 1 bathroom. We loved the suite but really could have used the extra bathroom. We had 2 cabins (balcony and inside) on our 12d cruise this summer - SOOO much less stress and bickering with us split up. I doubt I'll ever do 1 cabin again for the 4 of us.:)

If it's only one night, I'd do the suite because, as mentioned above - you'll be in there very little and won't have a lot of luggage.

Edit: just looked at the AB cabin - looks like it has 2 bathrooms so it wouldn't be such an issue.

looks like our group has grown to at least 7 so we will be doing multiple cabins... thanks for all the info everyone

I hope OP does not mind if I use this thread to ask more questions regarding AB cabin.

So...here is my understanding thus far of an AB cabin on Jewel class ships: There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a twice the length balcony than an AF minisuite. The first bedroom is a queen size bed. Does the second bedroom have a bed for two or a something that folds out for two? In the second bedroom there is also a bed that comes out of the wall for a fifth person? Then, when there is a sixth person in the cabin, the couch bed in the living area is used?

Thanks in advance,

coka

Hi, Coka ~ the 2nd bedroom has 2 beds: a pull-out that turns into a full bed (sleeps 2, like a futon) and a pull out from the wall (like a bunk bed) that sleeps 1; and the living area has a couch that converts to a day bed (sleeps 1). The balcony is not any bigger than an AF mini suite. But, it'll hold 4 comfortably; 6 a bit tight. And, it has 2 loungers, not 2 upright chairs like the other balconies.

Archived