Surfing in Costa Rica - Puerto Limon

BoiseStateDiver

Does anyone know of any companies that do surfing shore excursions around Puerto Limon? My sister traveled down to Costa Rica & surfed for 2 weeks on the Pacific side and said we have to surf in Costa Rica...however I can't seem to find anything for excursions on the caribbean side.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Does anyone know of any companies that do surfing shore excursions around Puerto Limon? My sister traveled down to Costa Rica & surfed for 2 weeks on the Pacific side and said we have to surf in Costa Rica...however I can't seem to find anything for excursions on the caribbean side.

Any help would be appreciated!!

I would email Oscar Brown and see if he can't help you out. If he doesn't do something like this then he might be able to put you in touch with someone.

• 3 weeks later...
Dude, the surf is on the other side of the country.

Yes Bax I do know that there is surfing on the other side of the country. If you would have read my previous post first and seen that my sister has traveled down to Cosa Rica & surfed on the Pacific side there would have been no need for your comment. The only reason I see you posting that was as a "dig"...and for your information there is surfing on the atlantic side. Where there are waves there is surfing. Do your homework.

From a Costa Rica Surfing site:

This is a place you musn't skip while touring around Costa Rica. It is quite different from the Pacific, more exotic and closer to the tropics.

Nearby storms and coral reefs produce strong perfect waves. It is always best to surf along with people that know the area. Besides amazing waves, the Caribbean offers great food, best music for your soul, and happy people ready to enjoy the party.

Yes Bax I do know that there is surfing on the other side of the country. If you would have read my previous post first and seen that my sister has traveled down to Cosa Rica & surfed on the Pacific side there would have been no need for your comment. The only reason I see you posting that was as a "dig"...and for your information there is surfing on the atlantic side. Where there are waves there is surfing. Do your homework.

From a Costa Rica Surfing site:

This is a place you musn't skip while touring around Costa Rica. It is quite different from the Pacific, more exotic and closer to the tropics.

Nearby storms and coral reefs produce strong perfect waves. It is always best to surf along with people that know the area. Besides amazing waves, the Caribbean offers great food, best music for your soul, and happy people ready to enjoy the party.

The waves were definitely up and there was a surfable break at Playa Bonita when we were there last month. (very close to the port). From what I've read though the better surfing is at the National Park area south quite a bit from Limon. Check a few surfing websites (if you haven't already). I am several years and a major surgery removed from my surfing years so I can't offer much more from our trip last month.

The waves were definitely up and there was a surfable break at Playa Bonita when we were there last month. (very close to the port). From what I've read though the better surfing is at the National Park area south quite a bit from Limon. Check a few surfing websites (if you haven't already). I am several years and a major surgery removed from my surfing years so I can't offer much more from our trip last month.

Hey thanks! It looks like if we surf we are going to do it in Panama. There is a private company that does day surfing trips & I asked if they would be able to do it for cruisers...and they are! But thank you for your advice!

Archived