cricket?

lel5344

We'll be in Barbados on Tuesday, Feb 23. Is there any place near the cruise ship termianl where we might be able to watch cricket - practice or exhibition? I understand that actual matches can go on for days, but we'd just like to get a feel for the game.

BTW, I'll post the same general inquiry on the Antigua board.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, you’ll miss the World Cup that starts at the end of April. But…..

…..There seems to be daily tests played prior to that.

Ask when you arrive if there is anything going on that day.

Kensington Oval is within walking distance of the cruise terminal so even if no one knows of any tests (very unlikely), you’ll only lose an hour going back and forth.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

We'll be in Barbados on Tuesday, Feb 23. Is there any place near the cruise ship termianl where we might be able to watch cricket - practice or exhibition? I understand that actual matches can go on for days, but we'd just like to get a feel for the game.

BTW, I'll post the same general inquiry on the Antigua board.

Thanks!

In February you maybe able to see some first class games(inter island games) this is a pretty decent level. However the games normally start Friday and last for 4 days so a Tuesday will not be good in terms of seeing some cricket.

The Kensington Oval is very close to the port...probably about 5 minutes walk so you can always go over there and see the grounds(stadium). There you will see a statue of the world's greatest cricketer...who happens to be a son of the soil( and our only living national hero..Sir Garfield Sobers)

Enjoy your visit.

Archived