Need tips on cave tubing in Belize

Oneluckywoman

You will want shoes for the trek and in the water.

Take a pair of sneakers that you don't want to bring back. Leave them behind. The locals will/can use them. Obviously, you'll need footwear for the return trip. Be careful filling up on coffee or beer before leaving. You might get a bit uncomfortable before the bus stops.

Maybe take a waterproof camera.

Buy some Marie Sharp's sauce to bring back. The regular orange and the brown 'Exotic' are very tasty.

Have fun, but bear in mind that cannot have more fun than me!:)

thanks for the tips, good information to know. What is Marie Sharps sauce and what do you use it on? Is it a hot sauce? Can't guarantee we won't have more fun than you, though, LOL. We're so excited about the trip. And we've heard the cave tubing is not to be missed.

If your tour offers lunch. Order it in advance as you will be surprised how hungery you get.

Use watershoes, these were great both for walking and in water. They will have some arrangement for belongings. So you can just slip these on at the tubing site and not have to slush around in them on the way back to the ship.

Bug spray with Deet in it.

enjoy

cave tubing is definitely an adventure not to be missed!

TIPS: It's kind of a long bus ride, but look out the windows! You won't be bored. The scenery is constantly changing, and you will get an idea of what Belize is like away from the tourists. Eye opening.

Definitely bring a water proof camera.

Ditto the water shoes

When you are hiking in the jungle, don't stop and stand in one spot for long. There are these tiny little fire ants that are quick to scoot up on you. Two of my relatives got a fiery little sting. (nothing bad).

We were there in late Oct. and didn't need bug spray. But, I would bring some just in case.

Oh, and...............KEEP TO THE RIGHT!............haha!

Just got back from doing cave tubing. Not at all what we expected. The leisurely walk through the jungle turned into over a hour of very strenuous walking and climbing very large steps. Even with the lights everyone wore, not a lot to see in the caves. In my opinion, not enough enjoyment to endure an hour bus ride each way, plus the strenuous hike for about 30 minutes of tubing.

Just back from our cruise on the Carnival Valor and we booked a cave tubing tour with cave tubing dot com. I have never been with a group of people who were more friendly, experienced and made our tour one of the most memorable ever! They make the bus ride worthwhile and you felt completely safe and with the most experienced guides on the river. There were several tour companies there the same day as us and I have to say I was mortified with the lack of organization and "guiding" that they actually did. Kieth, Peter and the rest of the guides were with us the entire time (even in the dark while others were left on their own) and it was an incredible experience! If you want an adventure and something you could never get to do in the States, go with cave tubing dot com!

We did the cave tubing a while back, we booked through the cruise line. We had a ball, by far this was one of my favorites. After several hours of combined hiking and tubing, we then had lunch at a little place in the woods. The food was great! Rember to lift your butt when you hear the guide holler BUTTS UP, or you get a bathing suit full of gravel :o. Mine moment was STAY LEFT, we went right and ran over a guy trapped in a corner and we popped his innertube :eek:. LOL

Just back from our cruise on the Carnival Valor and we booked a cave tubing tour with cave tubing dot com. I have never been with a group of people who were more friendly, experienced and made our tour one of the most memorable ever! They make the bus ride worthwhile and you felt completely safe and with the most experienced guides on the river. There were several tour companies there the same day as us and I have to say I was mortified with the lack of organization and "guiding" that they actually did. Kieth, Peter and the rest of the guides were with us the entire time (even in the dark while others were left on their own) and it was an incredible experience! If you want an adventure and something you could never get to do in the States, go with cave tubing dot com!

Yes the guys from cave tubing. com are awesome! A great bunch of hard workers and very friendly... even the bus was fun!

Archived