Prepaid gratuities

doemichael

We prepaid our tips when we booked in January this year. Just looking at invoice and have noticed what we piad is less than the guidlines on RCL site. What will happen ? Will they expect us to pay difference?

We paid the amount RCL asked for and I have just looked at same cruise going this sunday and it is still asking for same amount.

Guidelnes says approx $69 per person for 7 days, we paid £34.30 which is about $54.

We prepaid our tips when we booked in January this year. Just looking at invoice and have noticed what we piad is less than the guidlines on RCL site. What will happen ? Will they expect us to pay difference?

We paid the amount RCL asked for and I have just looked at same cruise going this sunday and it is still asking for same amount.

Guidelnes says approx $69 per person for 7 days, we paid £34.30 which is about $54.

Gidday.

This most probably a reflection of currency exchange rate since the time you paid up front...

Looks like you won by paying early rather than later when on board..:D

Phil

We paid less by pre-paying also, I expect its because of the exchange rates.

Talking of prepaying and exchange rates etc, I was weighing up whether to take advantage of the good € to $ and buy some onboard credit.

However I can't find on the website where to buy and and secondly would any currency exchange be applied immediately or on date of sailing??

Thanks

Visit our Gifts & Gear page Be ready for a giant bear hug and a slew of thank-yous. If you would like to purchase an On-board credit for an existing reservation, please call 800-722-5443. (Gift Certificates cannot be applied to sailings within 10 days.)

I usually purchase onboard credit every month so that when I get on I have money to gamble with, etc. Your exchange rate should be at the time of purchase.

Visit our Gifts & Gear page Be ready for a giant bear hug and a slew of thank-yous. If you would like to purchase an On-board credit for an existing reservation, please call 800-722-5443. (Gift Certificates cannot be applied to sailings within 10 days.)

I usually purchase onboard credit every month so that when I get on I have money to gamble with, etc. Your exchange rate should be at the time of purchase.

Sorry but it states there- Available to U.S. residents only

(excluding Puerto Rico).

Archived