MR "stay on ship" day

Winterstale

We're two couples traveling to enjoy a fun trip on the Splendor! We have both booked couples massages at the Krystal PV and plan to hang out there and the Beach House for the day -- I have a friend here at work who frequents Cabo and is making up a short "to do" list for there as well since we're only in port a short time on that one -- We've been tossing around the idea of going to Aroma Spa in Mazatlan for another inexpensive treatment (as opposed to getting the hard sell and being overcharged on this ship - sorry, but I just think they're outrageously overpriced...) and then....maybe just hanging and enjoying the ship that day. Stone Island just doesn't really seem to calling our names...

Anybody ever been to Aroma? We were wanting to have one "stay on ship" day and we're thinking Mazatlan might be it....

If you want a great massage in Cabo, my wife's favorite place is called the Bel Air Spa. Easy to walk to from the Marina area. On our last timeshare visit, she went 3 times in one week.

Here's a map.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.883139&lon=-109.9141949&z=18&l=0&m=b

Bel Air Spa is centered. Zoom out to see more of Cabo.

"The Office" used to be a favorite of ours. We would go 2 or 3 times for dinner during our timeshare week in Cabo. About 3 years ago, we noticed a change in the wrong direction. Food quality went from excellent to just average while the prices seemed to be going up quite a bit. In addition, service went from pretty good to fairly poor. So we stopped going. There are too many good places in Cabo to settle for high prices, slow service, and only average food. We did return again in Feb 2008 but things had not improved. It is still supposed to be a good place for breakfast but most cruisers eat breakfast on the ship.

My choices for dining at Medano Beach now include "Tobascos" and "Baja Cantina" (beach side). Other good recommendations include "Club Cascadas" (part of a timeshare resort but open for dining) and the "Sand Bar".

We love Mazatlan. Don't you have 2 or 3 sea days anyway where you'll be on the ship? There is much to see and explore in old Mazatlan. There is a wonderful local mercado (market) there that is so fun to explore. The cathedral is worth a visit. Look for the windows shaped in the star of David near the top and ask someone the story. Then find the Best Western Hotel (or better yet, do this first) and climb up to the top floor and get your bearings and have a drink in the bar one floor down. I wouldn't miss Mazatlan! It is full of 'flavor'. But then, to each his own. Either way, hope you enjoy your cruise.

Anybody ever been to Aroma? We were wanting to have one "stay on ship" day and we're thinking Mazatlan might be it....

My 2 friends and I will be at Aroma Spa next week (we've been in excellent contact with them via e-mail for a month). I will let you know our thoughts when we get back. We were in Cabo last Sept, so that will be OUR day on the ship (we totally understand that concept!).

:)

Fantastic, thanks!! Who did you email back and forth with? Knute? I'm really looking foward to this! Can't wait to hear what you think - what did you book?

Yes, we've been in touch with Knute. One of us is doing the Aroma Spa Get-A-Way 2 1/2 hours (1 ½ hour Aroma Spa Deluxe Massage and Classic Aroma Spa facial with “Real” Aztec clay mask)

and 2 of us are enjoying the 2 1/2 hour reflexology massage.

All three are under $40 each. Can't beat the price and the reviews online are great. It's not a "spa" the way we normally think but a great place regardless.

Tea - are you on a cruise for this trip? Our plan is to enjoy the spa facilities on the ship in the morning (steam, sauna, whirpool, etc etc) since we're booked in one of the "spa" cabins on the Carnival Splendor and then head over to Aroma for the treatments -- then it's cocktail time :D

Yes, we've been in touch with Knute. One of us is doing the Aroma Spa Get-A-Way 2 1/2 hours (1 ½ hour Aroma Spa Deluxe Massage and Classic Aroma Spa facial with “Real” Aztec clay mask)

and 2 of us are enjoying the 2 1/2 hour reflexology massage.

All three are under $40 each. Can't beat the price and the reviews online are great. It's not a "spa" the way we normally think but a great place regardless.

Can't wait to hear all about it. We'll be there in Feb. and after reading this I for SURE want to go their!!!!!

Thanks,

Archived