anyone ever return rccl certificates?

hi everyone,

just curious, i just spoke with Bank of America and they told me I could return the certificates that I redeemed from my points if I don't use them, provided of course they are within the 6 month time frame. They gave me an address and attention to person.

did anyone ever do this? were you successful? i never knew such thing existed. i might need to return mine and want to be prepared.

thanks in advance!

hi everyone,

just curious, i just spoke with Bank of America and they told me I could return the certificates that I redeemed from my points if I don't use them, provided of course they are within the 6 month time frame. They gave me an address and attention to person.

did anyone ever do this? were you successful? i never knew such thing existed. i might need to return mine and want to be prepared.

thanks in advance!

This is news to me. I like the idea, and am curious to hear if anyone has experience with this as well.

A~

Yes, I did it a couple years ago. I can't remember the details, but here are the broad strokes:

My daughter became sick, and we weren't able to cruise. I cancelled only days before what should've been our embarkation day.

The cruise ticket price wasn't a loss because that was covered by travel insurance (bought through the ship). That process was quick and painless. I had a good bit of paperwork (fully expected) and had to have information from the doctor, but they were quick to pay.

I had something like $200 in OBC from my BOA VISA card, and I really thought that was just going to be an unavoidable loss. However, there was a number on the back of the certificates that I'd sent in (thank goodness I'd xeroxed the certificates when I mailed them in). I called and called and called . . . the phone was always busy. Finally I reached them on a Sunday morning, and the person to whom I spoke was very helpful.

She re-issued the certificates, and I was able to use them on a subsequent cruise. I didn't lose a penny in the deal, although getting through to them was a hassle.

• 1 month later...

thanks for your reply mrs. pete =)

i have to return my certificates after all. my bf and i live in NYC and my bf is going to madrid for work next year. we were originally going on a cruise this december, but it looks like we have to cancel =(. i have the certificates, but didn't apply them to a cruise yet so i think i'm okay. they gave me an address and attention to person and also made a note for me in my account.

i really hope it will be no problem as i redeemed many points for about $200 OBC =X.

any others with similiar experiences?

Archived