Tendering in PEI - what time can my tour begin?

petesweet

We just got some distressing news. PEI for the NCL Jewel is a TENDER port. We have an all-day private tour arranged that begins at 8:30 (for group of 55 people!!). I called the shore excursion desk to see when the ship's tours are leaving, since I know they get priority on the tenders. I was told they have tours leaving 7, 8, and 9 a.m. and that we probably could not plan to be ashore before 10 a.m.

That is NOT GOING TO WORK for us. Now, I realize that the answers we get from the ship people are not always accurate (in the same phone call I got totally inaccurate information about another matter), so I rely on my fellow CC members for better information.

1. Do we have to pick up tender tickets? or just show up at the location for the ship's group tour that is scheduled? I figured if it were just two or three of us, we could slip in unnoticed, but we are a group of 55, many of whom are new cruisers and seniors.

2. Does anyone have any enlightening information for us? We leave in 7 days.

Thanks.

Kathy

Archived