Remoded Rhapsody???

No Johnny Rockets on Rhapsody but, as stated above, there is now a Seattle's Best Coffee and Ben & Jerry's, such as it is. Seattle's opened about halfway through the 12/5 cruise (which we were on) and from what I've read on the boards since they still don't have it together (long waits and inexperienced workers). Ben & Jerry's did not open during our cruise but is in the same space as Seattle's so I assume it is manned by the same workers. Maybe they can dip ice cream better than they make lattes. :p

How extensive are their recent improvements SINCE dry dock? I've heard little bits and pieces about carpet and curtains being replaced during a few recent sailings. I'm in an aft Junior Suite on an upcoming sailing and am wondering if they're giving attention to the rooms too.

Thanks!

How extensive are their recent improvements SINCE dry dock? I've heard little bits and pieces about carpet and curtains being replaced during a few recent sailings. I'm in an aft Junior Suite on an upcoming sailing and am wondering if they're giving attention to the rooms too.

Thanks!

I can't really say how extensive recent improvements were since I had never been on Rhapsody before but I believe most of the refurbishments were to public areas. We were in a corner aft JS and nothing in the cabin looked new. As a matter of fact the curtains, furniture, bedspread, etc, looked rather shabby. But the awesome balcony more than made up for it. :D

We were on 11/28 and you can search for the review I did right when we got back. Most of the refurbishment was to the floors in public areas. The rooms are still pretty much the same but the ship looked pretty good. Looked like some new carpet in places and certainly clean carpet.

The Seattles Best and Ben & Jerrys was not finished for our sailing but it is just a small area with a case for the ice cream and a few espresso machines. Nothing to write home about it but I still wished it had been working. Cruise coffee is too strong for me so I wanted a latte!

Rhapsody is an older ship so you will feel some motion in the back. We tend to book midship. Junior suites are great - we stayed last time in a grand suite and it was amazing.

Hope this helps.

Archived