Pied Piper's Liberty of the Seas 11/29 or NCL Jewel 11/29?

TimATL

We had pretty much decided to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday by going with Pied Piper on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas on November 29, but now I'm wondering if the Norwegian Jewel on November 29 would be better. I'd love some feedback.

Liberty of the Seas goes to Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico and Costa Maya, Mexico. The main attraction for us is Belize City, since we've both been to Mexico, as well as most Caribbean islands.

Just out of curiosity, I started researching other cruises departing on November 29 and found that the Norwegian Jewel also leaves from Miami and goes to Belize City and Costa Maya; but instead of Cozumel it goes to Roatan; Guatemala. Neither of us have been to Guatemala. Also, instead of three days at sea, there are only two days at sea and the ship stops at Great Stirrup Cay; Bahamas. That too is more appealing to us, instead of a day at sea.

Although I've never actually been on the Liberty of the Seas or the Jewel, I have been on the Navigator of the Seas and the Pride of Hawaii, which are very similar to their respecitve sister ships. I preferred NCL because of the freestyle cruising and all of the different specialty dining options.

So we like Jewel's ship and itinerary better, but we'd be missing out on the Pied Piper experience. Which should take precedence, in your opinion? With the exception of one cruise on the Paul Gauguin, I've only ever been on all-gay cruises with Atlantis before. I'm not sure how it'll be with no other, or very few, gays aboard. Suggestions? And thanks, in advance, for your help.

Archived