Nativeways..Island tour/ stingray sandbar combo

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn

Anyone done this? Says it is a combo of their grand island tour and their stingray sandbar tour. I know they have pretty good reviews. Looking for opinions/details...thanks!!:)

We did this tour with Nativeway on 12/13. It was a good experience and I would recommend it. I wouldn't rave about it, however.

Stingray Sandbar - Boat and the 2 Nativeway employees were ok. There was a videographer on board as well. The ocean was really rough that day with 30 knots winds we were told. Our morning tour went out but the afternoon tour was canceled. Obviously not their fault, but we were literally getting slammed by the waves when we got into the water (not the mention the boat was really rocking) so we only lasted a couple of minutes in the ocean. Personally, I was very glad the cruise ship went to Grand Cayman and we went on the stringray excursion even though it was a "partial" experience. Someone else may feel that they should have canceled the tour because the waters did not allow the full experience.

Island Tour - Van is a smaller 10-12 passenger vehicle, not really new or modern. Driver/guide was ok. Went to Turtle Farm which was interesting. Good pictures with the turtles. Went to Hell which really is NOTHING. Just a patch of blocked off black rocks.

Overall, we had a good time and I would recommend it, but I wouldn't use words like excellent or fantastic. Value-wise it's worth it because if I just booked the stingray tour and tried to go to Turtle Farm separately (taxi and admission fees) the cost would be the same or higher and time-wise I would have wasted time because of backtracking.

Archived