Need help with tour in Belize????

judyf

After all my research, I wanted to book the Shark Ray alley excursion, but I just received an email from Paul from Coral Breeze saying they do not offer a tour on our day in Belize Monday, March 21, 2005. I'm a little worried about some of the reviews latey but was going to give them a try anyway.

I want to snorkel a little in Belize cause it's our only port I will be able to snorkel. In Costa Rica ziplining and Panama canel tour in Colon.

I also would love to see the Belize Zoo but I see no tours that offer the zoo and a little time to snorkel. Any ideas? Is this even possible with the time there on a cruise?

What would you do?

JudyF, I booked a snorkel tour from the boat when we were on the Pride. A boat picked us up right from the ship (we were anchored, not docked.) They took us to a tiny island where we could choose to stay on the beach, snorkle from the beach or (as I chose) snorkle from the boat which went right out to the reef. It was a huge reef. Unfortunately, I was swimming against the tide. I spent more time trying to keep up than I was able to observe. After the guided snorkle, we had free time on the beach. They were selling snacks and barbeque, but I had brought some cereal and water from the ship. Only 2 or 3 palm trees on the island, so be sure to take the sun block. It was an enchanting trip. DH didn't tender off the boat. Later that evening as we sailed away we past the island - very picturesque.

Have fun!

The Belize zoo may not be what you expect, and it takes a long, fairly boring time to get there. While the zoo does have a few unusual animals and birds, most of them are hard to find in the dense environment. It is a very primitive operation, but that's part of Belize. The bus ride to the zoo, about 45 minutes, can better be spent on other things.

We will be going to Belize again late in January, and we will try to find and explore the areas where the new homes and businesses are being built. Unless you speak the language, the downtown area is a little daunting.

dick

Thanks for the info. I know the zoo would be different then here in the USA but thought it might be worth a trip due to the different animals. If I can't fit it in with someelse then I don't think we will bother.

I might just take a ship tour in Belize. Still unsure what to do here.

Thanks!

Archived