Roads in Costa Rica?

LoveLhasa15

I would like to know how the roads are in Costa Rica. We would like to do the LaPaz Waterfall Gardens excursion through our cruiseline. Has anyone had any experiences with this tour since the January 09 earthquake? We're concerned about long rides on bad roads. I do understand that there was some damage to the trails to some of the waterfalls and that they are not all open for viewing. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!!

We have never been to La Paz, and do not know that route in particular. However, we had a week long land tour in Costa Rica several years ago. Most of the roads (with the exception of some highways) were bumpy, and the rides were all very long. However, we had a great experience and wonderful memory of Costa Rica. It's an amazingly beautiful place! We can't wait to visit Costa Rica again.

According to the La Paz Waterfall Gardens site, they are open. Visitors will be able to see waterfalls, but they will have to hike. http://www.waterfallgardens.com/quake/index.html

IMHO, if you want to see La Paz Waterfall Gardens, go for it. Unless you have serious health issues preventing you from long car ride or hiking, don't let some bad roads scare you away :)

• 1 month later...

I took a land vacation to Costa Rica last summer. The roads were terrible. I would not want to be driving there, but felt comfortable with the tour guides driving. I did feel sick on a couple of long drives, but also found it easy to fall asleep.

Archived