Cap1 CCL reward points to end

steveaaaa

I really like the Capital One program. I almost have enough points for $500.00 off a cruise. I guess I'll either have to find another way to redeem them or start charging alot, real soon!!!!

Karen

Steve, REQUESTS for redemption ends 5/31/05. You can still use the redemption for up to one year after it is processed.

I called already and they will let you use it on any sailing that is available to be booked.

I already applied for the seamiles card and there is already a question on how many miles I can convert over.I have almost 100,000 with 2 months to go.Technically I am transfering over a free cruise for 2.:D

Steve

I called Capital One today and found out that I have 23,073 points, just 73 more than I need for 500.00 off our next cruise. We are booked on the11/06/2005 sailing of the Valor. We were saving them up for a free cruise. I guess we have to use them now,500.00 off is not too bad.

Steve, when you say "available to be booked" up to what date does that include? In other words, if you have until May 31, 2005, to booked an available cruise, that could mean (assuming at that point they have pricing out for the entire 2006) the points would still be good to use on a cruise, say, in December 2006?

The way it was explained to me was that once you are ready to redeem your points, you call Capital One. They will give you a confirmation number (it used to be an actual voucher they sent you, but not anymore). You give that number to your TA, who in turn calls Carnival (who will already have that number from Capital One, give or take a day or two). Carnival then reduces your final payment by the amount you are redeeming (in our case, $1000). Capital One told me that after you call to redeem your points, the confirmation number can be used for up to one year later. Are you saying, Steve, that it will actually be good for longer than that?

We are planning on using our for our Liberty European cruise in September 2005, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

BTW, what do you think about the new card? Anything better (or worse) compared to the Capital One card? Can it be used on Princess (or any other Carnival-owned line?).

points would still be good to use on a cruise, say, in December 2006?

, the confirmation number can be used for up to one year later. Are you saying, Steve, that it will actually be good for longer than that?

We are planning on using our for our Liberty European cruise in September 2005, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

BTW, what do you think about the new card? Anything better (or worse) compared to the Capital One card? Can it be used on Princess (or any other Carnival-owned line?).

Yes I was led to believe that.(use for a 12/2006 cruise if available to be booked)

Yes the confirmation was good for a year but now you must apply it by 5/31/2005 since the program is ending.

I too have a Med Liberty booked and I am still in a holding pattern with them on whether it will be allowed.It don't look good now since they are ending it,why give away a free cruise.

I looked at and applied for the new one.I think it might be OK but I hate the fine print talking about certian sailings based on occupancy.That bothers me. Yes it can be used on other lines,land vacations and airfares.To what extent,we will find out real soon. If my Liberty sinks, I will convert my points and try and get a 7 day alaska,2 airline tickets,and a short land vacation in one hit:eek: .

It appears there is no monthly cap,so I can add 40,000 points in a month and according to them I need 110,000 for free cruise for 2 in an outside cabin.50,000 for 2 air tickets and I don't know about the points for a land vacation.

We will see.

Steve

Steve, thanks for the info. I agree that they are a little non-specific with what they will allow (i.e.,certain sailings, yadayadayada). And I don't believe they mention what cruiselines it can be used for.

Just one other question, if you don't mind. Are you saying the redemption has to be actually used by May 31, 2005, or can I just request it by that date? In other words, if I want to apply it to my September 2005 Liberty cruise, do I need to apply it by May 31, in a sense, paying it toward the balance due on my cruise, rather than waiting until July when final payment is due?

Steve, thanks for the info. I agree that they are a little non-specific with what they will allow (i.e.,certain sailings, yadayadayada). And I don't believe they mention what cruiselines it can be used for.

Just one other question, if you don't mind. Are you saying the redemption has to be actually used by May 31, 2005, or can I just request it by that date? In other words, if I want to apply it to my September 2005 Liberty cruise, do I need to apply it by May 31, in a sense, paying it toward the balance due on my cruise, rather than waiting until July when final payment is due?

Yes, you got it.Consider the redemption a gift certificate, and the certificate expires on 5/31/05. So use it up on anything in the future.

Steve

PS.The seamiles can be used on other lines.

By next month, I should have around 14000 points. Should I redeem them for another CCL cruise, or should I roll them into a Seamiles card? Will I lose value if I roll them over?I rember reading about "redemption" fees which concerned me.

I haven't seen anything in the mail either. I called to see how many points I have and the girl I talked to said she knew nothing of the program being stopped. I gave her the details as outlined in Steveaaa first posting. She said unless I get a letter don't worry about it.

I checked out the seamiles program, I gather that you have to pay $50 to cash your pionts in?

I just check my pionts and I have 10k not 5K. I really didn't like the seamiles card but I guess I'll transfer when I get my letter, better than losing the pionts.

Well I have decided not to go after the next card. This is the third time that Carnival has changed programs. I first had the MBNA card, then Capital One. Since I am looking to cruise more with RCI and much less with Carnival I will let whatever points I have go by the wayside.

I haven't gotten anything in the mail. Does anyone have a web link about this,I want to look into this new card.

http://www.seamiles.com/

Well I am a Seamiles card holder now. I received my approval via email with my new credit line.It is half of my other one.But it is still a large one.

The $50 fee I read in this topic is for airline tickets. I expect my full info packet any day and I will post the details.

Steve

There is no shame in not using your 5000 points for champagne. I got four bottles of the stuff for my cruise two weeks ago and we started to get sick of the stuff (too gassy!).

I called Capital 1 today and the csr there claimed to have heard nothing about the demise of the program. However, if you search the archives for my recent dealings with Captial 1 and CCL, you'll learn to give them little credit.

If one person has gotten a cancellation letter, then we all will get one. I will start using my SIx Flags card instead (try to get enough points to four season passes- yahoo!).

Mail may just be a little slower in the areas of those who haven't received the letter yet. But I, like Steve, received my letter yesterday. The letter actually came from Carnival, not Capital One. It stated that they are ending their business relationship with Capital One. And it goes on to give information about deadlines for redeeming points, etc.

\

Capital One may deny knowing anything about it, but it's definitely true.

Yeah, I got the letter, too. I got $500 off on my Valor cruise that starts Sunday, and I have enough points for $500 on another cruise. I wonder if I'll be able to use them toward a cruise for my mom, as she gets to cruise more often than I do. Anyone ever use your points for a cruise for someone else?

Yeah, I got the letter, too. I got $500 off on my Valor cruise that starts Sunday, and I have enough points for $500 on another cruise. I wonder if I'll be able to use them toward a cruise for my mom, as she gets to cruise more often than I do. Anyone ever use your points for a cruise for someone else?

Yes, you book it direct thru CCL and they in effect have you listed as agent on the docs.The docs will be mailed to you for who ever you set it up for.You are listed on the docs as agent.

Steve

Have not received my "letter".

If I can now use my 'points' on Princess, I will be a happy camper, I think. I just used the $1000 off in October and it all worked great.

Hope the new program is as smooth!

Ted

Have not received my "letter".

If I can now use my 'points' on Princess, I will be a happy camper, I think. I just used the $1000 off in October and it all worked great.

Hope the new program is as smooth!

Ted

Yes you can use them on Princess per the site. http://www.seamiles.com/ but I am a little leary or I do not fully understand it.

They list an cruise for 2 on CCL for about 100,000 points but any other cruise line is also 100,000 points so I would rather sail the more $$ lines than CCL if its the same points.

Steve

Archived