Equinox shore and land excursions question

dukemha

I am booked on the Equinox Caribbean cruise departing Jan. 15 and am in the process of planning excursions. Although I'm comfortable researching and making my own reservations, it would be nice to know what is available through the ship. Unfortunately, the brochure is not yet available on the Celebrity website. Is it typical for this information not to be available less than 4 months prior to departure?

Celebrity is affiliated with Royal Carribean Cruise Line (RCCL). After some research and comparisons, I found the shore excursion were similar (or in some cases exactly the same) as what ultimately showed up on the Equinox's shore excursion when they appeared on line about 3 or 4 months before the cruise. Check out RCCL or Azamara.

But double check before you confirm/pay for your online reservations that what you reserached now is what utlimately is what is provided for your specific cruise date.

Good Luck.

Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong. When I click on Plan a Cruise, I then select Shore and Land Excursions, then Download a Brochure. After entering the specifics of my cruise, I get a message that says "At this time no brochure is available for Ship Celebrity Equinox sali date 15th Jan. 2010. Please try again later." Perhaps there's another source for Excursion information other than the Brochure?

Yes. I'm on the Celebrity web site now. From the Main Page, Click on the Featured Destinations tab that pops up below the main picture of the Equinox.

Click on Caribbean.

Click on Shore and LAnd Excursions

Then in the Advanced Search section, Pick Carribean in the Destination Box

Then select the Port of call you want in the Location box.

Click on Search

You'll get a list of current shore excursions offered at that destination. The list may shrink, closeout, or expand as it becomes available for online booking with your reservation.

Good Luck.

Never mind. I just called and spoke with Celebrity and was told specific excursion information is not available yet, contracts are still being negotiated with vendors and that process should be completed around 90 days prior to departure. I guess I just need to be patient. Easier said than done when much of my waking time (it seems) is spent daydreaming about my Caribbean cruise on the Equinox next winter!

Go in as if you are booking a cruise. When it shows your cruise, click on Show more Details. Then Click on Shore and Land Excursions. There should be a pull down list of ports and descriptions of all excursions.

This page is sometimes flaky; the excursions don't always appear. I'mnot sure if you can book for your cruise, but you can view what they have.

I am on the Equinox in February for the Western Caribbean Cruise and have access to booking Excursions on the Celebrity Website.

Here is how I do it.

1) Log In to My Celebrity.

2) Choose "My Reservations"

3) Add your Reservation if you have not done so already.

4) Choose Manage My Reservation.

5) Choose the Shore and Land Excursions Tab.

From there you can read about the Excursions available and order them whenever you have made a decision. I believe they get billed to your Credit Card when ordered.

You are also given the option to download a brochure if you wish.

I see you are on the Eastern Caribbean Cruise so you may not have success with this method if the Brochure for that region is really not ready.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if it works for you itinerary.

Thanks everyone for your advice and assistance. It sounds as though I can get a general idea of the excursions available, which would be helpful at this point in time. I'll look for more specific information around 90 days prior to departure.

Archived