Carnival Excursion Prices-NOT on line anymore

Tx Sunshine

We are going to Alaska next summer, and to be honest am not going to use Carnival to book our excursions. However, I wanted to check out the salmon baker per the company who does those. They may not have a dinner trip that we can book as individuals at night, however, she said the ship will have an excursion for afternoons or evenings. I went on line to check the prices, and there are NO more prices on any excursions for Skagway. I didn't check the other ports, however, it just says sold on board. How can you budget for a trip, if you don't know how much the excursions are and those are pretty expensive, they are not just $20 at a time. I'm wondering if I am the only person looking at that.

:confused:

We are going to Alaska next summer, and to be honest am not going to use Carnival to book our excursions. However, I wanted to check out the salmon baker per the company who does those. They may not have a dinner trip that we can book as individuals at night, however, she said the ship will have an excursion for afternoons or evenings. I went on line to check the prices, and there are NO more prices on any excursions for Skagway. I didn't check the other ports, however, it just says sold on board. How can you budget for a trip, if you don't know how much the excursions are and those are pretty expensive, they are not just $20 at a time. I'm wondering if I am the only person looking at that.

:confused:

Just to get an idea of the price ranges, check the same/equivalent excursions on princess.com. Are you doing White Pass RailRoad in Skagway??? ken

Ken076, No we are not doing White Pass RailRoad. We are renting a car and doing our own tour. A lot cheaper and we have already ridden trains in other places. We are cutting back the best we can this time. Although, I am sure it is a fun ride.

I did go back, just a few minutes a go on Carnival's sight and everyone of the Skagway excursions, 30+, say sold on board.

I hope it's just a glitch on their site.

carnival takes down the prices for next year because of the pricing changes that will occur --- they will go back up around 2 months maybe 3 before the first sailing --- you can look up tour companies that do alaskan tours and price up about 20 percent and you will be about what carnival will charge

--- you can also post and maybe someone can tell you what they paid this year for a certain excursion and then price up about 10 percent -- maybe a little less and you will be close to next years price---carnival uses sold on board as a replacement for the price until they post the real price ---also remember there is no promise that all the examples of excursions on the carnival website will operate next year --- hope this helps

Archived