HMC Butler package

sparkle56

We have the eggshell cabana booked for our Feb. 20 Eurodam cruise. My DH does not know this.

Last week he commented, in response to a number of adult children issues (needing money and other dramas) that he just wishes we could get away to a private island somewhere and forget it all. :)

This made me think that even though it's just the two of us (67, 62) maybe it would be worth it to also get the butler package. . .really go for the private island, away from it all concept.

If you have had the butler service and have any photos I would love to see them.

Questions: Is the butler physically always there? If so, does that seem intrusive, say if you want to talk privately to your spouse, or take a nap, or read a book? Will the butler keep an eye on the place if one of you is swimming and the other is beachcombing? What is the food like? We would like to have enough but do not need to gorge. Beverages? If I want a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa, will it happen?

I'm just trying to get a sense of the experience.

Thank you!

We have had the butler package a few times and it has it's good and bad.

The good - if there are a few ships there - it's nice to have someone getting drinks for you and serving lunch. No hassles going to the barbecue or waiting at the bar. Also nice to have someone "watch over" the cabana while you are swimming etc.

The bad - the food was just mediocre. I know that food is subjective - but we never thought it was great. Alcohol is included and is worth it if you are drinkers. We are not but felt that the butler was constantly pushing drinks - we had a row of them lined up on the counter that weren't touched. (it has always been just the two of us)

And last - privacy. The butler was always there hovering - it was uncomfortable at times.

We have cabanas booked for our upcoming b2b - we stop at HMC twice. We have decided to opt out of the butler for the first time and we'll see how it goes for the second stop.

We had a cabana last year (not a clamshell) and were lucky enough to have a great butler. She sat quietly by the side of the cabana and was there in a snap if we needed her. We weren't big drinkers either, but it was awesome to have someone that would schlep them to us (we had the Violet Cabana - the furthest one away).

Sounds like you'll have a nice time - happy cruising.

Archived