Gem sauna/steam room cost

Firemaker

I found this answer on the NCL website Q&A section for the Gem. Can anyone confirm this statement?

There is no charge to use the gym or the steam/sauna attached to the gym. The facilities are open 24 hours. However, if you wish to use the Spa's relaxation area (with its own steam and sauna) a $20/day fee applies.

Also, I read a review that the courtyard villa area has a sauna attached to the small fitness area??

Just need to know if I need to purchase a spa pass, like we did on the Star, to use the sauna/steam room.

Thanks

I paid when I was on the Gem in Jan. I did not see any free area. The sauna and steam rooms are in both the relaxation areas for men & women. I bought a whole cruise pass because if you do the per day and they are full you cant go in. I wanted to use it on sea days. It was very nice. I think I paid 199.00. The spas had showers and nice lotions and soaps. Juice and apples.

I paid when I was on the Gem in Jan. I did not see any free area. The sauna and steam rooms are in both the relaxation areas for men & women. I bought a whole cruise pass because if you do the per day and they are full you cant go in. I wanted to use it on sea days. It was very nice. I think I paid 199.00. The spas had showers and nice lotions and soaps. Juice and apples.

$199 ???? Yikes! That seems like a lot. How many days was your cruise? Can you buy a pass for only a few days of your cruise? We have 4 sea days.....which are the only days I would probably use it....and at the price you are talking about, that's $50 a day versus $20 per day if you just do it by the day.

Archived