Diving st thomas ?

grumpy and fluffy

First, you have to list the ports you are visiting.

Sure, the seas can be choppy in St. Thomas, just like they can be choppy at just about all the ports in the Caribbean. It will greatly depend on the weather conditions the day you are in port.

IMO, it is worth diving in St. Thomas. I like http://www.admiraltydive.com there

I dived with Coki Beach Dive Club, in St. Thomas. Coki Beach is nice. My family and friends did Discovery scuba and snorkel at the beat, while I went boat diving.

You can also do shore diving there. It's cheap and pretty good diving, especially for a new diver.

As I posted on the Carnival boards, diving in St. Thomas was good but the trip there was quite choppy and soggy! :)

For dive shops there, I recommend Admiralty Dive and Underwater Safaris (which is just up the pier in the Marina area from where the Carnival ships doc.

Happy Cruising and Diving! cheers2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our Victory cruise. We got the scuba excursion through carnival in St. Thomas and the place that was running it was Underwater Safaris like mentioned above. They did a great job and we were very pleased with the dive.

We also dove in Dominica and St. Lucia. In Dominica we dove on our own with Nature Island Divers and they were great and I would highly recommend them. LOTS of beautiful coral and TONS of sea life. We had 2 great dives with them and the 2 guys that took us out were very friendly.

In St. Lucia we dove with Dive Fair Helen and also had a great expierence with them. They were also very friendly and we got a homemade lunch with them. It was some kind of great tasting chicken and a couple of side salad dishes. It was a nice little bonus during our surface interval time.

First, you have to list the ports you are visiting.

Sure, the seas can be choppy in St. Thomas, just like they can be choppy at just about all the ports in the Caribbean. It will greatly depend on the weather conditions the day you are in port.

IMO, it is worth diving in St. Thomas. I like www.admiraltydive.com there

+1 for www.admiraltydive.com they are easy to contact and they pick you up at the port and they said they wouldn't charge if for some reason ship missed port. I to only had 10-15 dives logged in Feb 08 when I dove with them and they were great.

Diving St Thomas is great the water is usually very clear. Coki Beach can get churned up once in a while and that hurts the visibility. Admiralty is good so is Blue Island Divers. The last time I was down there we booked with Blue Island and they were great. My wife wanted to go with but is not a diver, but she likes to snorkel and they were very helpful and accommodating. The weather was rough the day we were there so rather than dive the planned site, (Navy Barges) they took us out to a cove off Buck Island and we dove in there. It was a lot of fun and would definately recommend it.

Diving St Thomas is great the water is usually very clear. Coki Beach can get churned up once in a while and that hurts the visibility. Admiralty is good so is Blue Island Divers. The last time I was down there we booked with Blue Island and they were great. My wife wanted to go with but is not a diver, but she likes to snorkel and they were very helpful and accommodating. The weather was rough the day we were there so rather than dive the planned site, (Navy Barges) they took us out to a cove off Buck Island and we dove in there. It was a lot of fun and would definately recommend it.

We have also used Blue Island, a couple of times now, and would use them again. It is not a cattle boat and they also pick you up at the dock. We have never use Admiralty but have also heard good things about them.

We are trying to wrap up our St. Thomas diving plans for November and have had Admiralty Divers ruled out as they have a coast guard inspection the day we are there. We have Coki Beach as an option if we decide to go on our own and just do the shore dive.

We've just heard from Blue Island Divers that they have room for us on our desired date. I'm curious if anyone here can tell me if the Caribbean Princess port times we've been given (8a - 6p) are on ship time or island time? That is my concern before booking with Blue Island. We don't want to miss the boat!

Before I give Princess a call I wondered if anyone here can speak to the time difference and if it might be an issue.

Thx!

We are trying to wrap up our St. Thomas diving plans for November and have had Admiralty Divers ruled out as they have a coast guard inspection the day we are there. We have Coki Beach as an option if we decide to go on our own and just do the shore dive.

We've just heard from Blue Island Divers that they have room for us on our desired date. I'm curious if anyone here can tell me if the Caribbean Princess port times we've been given (8a - 6p) are on ship time or island time? That is my concern before booking with Blue Island. We don't want to miss the boat!

Before I give Princess a call I wondered if anyone here can speak to the time difference and if it might be an issue.

Thx!

Just ask Blue Island. Let them know the ship and date and they should already know. They can check with their port authority to verify the ship schedule for that day and time. Also, I think they look at dates like day/month/year so 11-8-09 is August 11 2009 so be clear. They have never left us before so go get wet.:)

Archived